News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Far better...

Started by Adios, May 20, 2008, 05:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."  - Theodore Roosevelt

I couldn't agree more with this quote.

I don't know why the road to success is paved with the bones of failures but it is. The trick would seem to be trying to minimize the failures. At the least though a failure is a result of an attempt to do something.

e

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on May 20, 2008, 05:55:27 PM
I don't know why the road to success is paved with the bones of failures but it is. The trick would seem to be trying to minimize the failures.

Because failing multiple times is pretty much the only way to actually succeed at something really well.  Unless you're some kind of freakish genius, and then you don't count.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."  - Theodore Roosevelt

I couldn't agree more with this quote.

I don't know why the road to success is paved with the bones of failures but it is. The trick would seem to be trying to minimize the failures. At the least though a failure is a result of an attempt to do something.

DROP YOUR PANCE AND ROLL IN YOUR MISTAKES!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

A.N. Other

Gotta love quotes that were in the movie Red Dawn.
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife