News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Listening

Started by Adios, October 08, 2010, 09:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Kiaransalee on October 12, 2010, 04:25:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 12, 2010, 04:22:01 PM
What's "affordable"?

Best Buy sells turntables with both analog and digital outputs for about $100.

Yeah..... turtables alone  :lulz:

Bought a decent set of speakers lately?

And I have no idea what Best Buy you go to, but the cheapest I saw when I last looked there was a couple hundred for a decent turntable!

Goodwill.

LMNO

You don't have a stereo, either?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 12, 2010, 04:33:31 PM
You don't have a stereo, either?

Who me?

I still have the RCA system my parents bought me when I was 16.  AND I still have the reel to reel that came with it  :lulz:

BadBeast

I'm using  one (of a pair) of Technics 1210 mkII, a little Denon 200wt amp, with an analogue stage, a pair of Bi-wired Mission M780s on one ring, and Kef Crestas on the other. All of
which were thrown away by the owners, were pulled out of reclaimation skips, and cost me nothing. (Took me a while to put together though) EBay is good for cheap Turntables too. All the little wannabe DJ's who've discovered vinyl is harder than it seems to play well.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4