News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Biopiracy - India vs Monsanto

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2011, 07:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on November 20, 2011, 02:41:34 AM
In any case, GM organisms are not the evil here, rather, it's the monopolizing corporations like Monsanto acting as robber barons over the farmers of North America that are the real problem.

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens:

Excellent description!!

Cainad (dec.)

This is awesome; go India!

And thanks for sharing that story, Khara. I knew Monsanto are scum, but I knew of very few specific cases (and I don't think I'd heard of them screwing over American farmers before, either. I bet they try to keep that hushed up).

In semi-related info, my university's current president used to work for Monsanto. :x

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 18, 2011, 08:30:12 PM
Interesting. Though I take issue with the term "frankencrop", since it seems to imply that GM food is inherently bad, while so far it's been mostly Monsanto's corporate politics that are the real evil (well, that and monocultures, but really mainly Monsanto being evil fucks). It kinda bugs me cause it causes the eco hippies to focus on health risks and such which is a red herring because this is about bigass corporate systems being evil and GM can actually (afaik) be used for good as well.
People should reread frankenstein, The frankencrop is a gentle confused soul it's all other plants that are monster-cunts for wanting to kill frankencrop.
Wait, that metaphore got confused somehow.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"