News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Content for... something...

Started by Cainad (dec.), September 13, 2007, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

I originally posted this on POEE.co.uk, and I figured whoring my kopyleft work a little more wouldn't hurt. Most of this is written in the vein of the Principia, because, like most young schmucks who discover Discordianism for the first time, I once thought I was gonna write the next <insert Latin word here> Discordia. It seems we've generally come to agree, that the BIP, the way it is now, is basically good, but perhaps too antagonistic and in need of the goofy formatting that makes the Principia and Apocrypha so amusing to read.

So burn a couple brain cells on this:

*The author apologizes for any offense this text may cause, but isn't really sorry*

A Tale of the Prudish One

Zarath the Confused Sage, whilst joyously throwing acorns into a river and at the occasional squirrel, a man walked up to him and asked, "Why do you throw acorns?"

After a moment's speculation, Zarath replied "Because it is more enjoyable than eating them, and it is safer than throwing hand grenades."

"But why interact with them at all?" asked the man.

"Well, why not? It does no harm," Zarath replied.

"But what is the reason for throwing them? Does it serve a purpose; is it part of a plan; what is gained from it?" the man pressed for an answer. Zarath became irritable.

"What is your problem, man? Does it bother you that I have no organized plan of action for dealing with these acorns? Perhaps I do it so the acorns will be carried downstream, where they might find a place to take root."

"But you should find a place to plant the acorns yourself if that is your reason," the man said, not understanding Zarath's irritation, for he was too disturbed by the confusing, un-purposeful nature of the Sage's behavior. "There are more efficient ways to plant acorns; you should not waste your time if you do not have a plan."

"Why are you so prudish? What care I if my throwing of acorns yields no future benefit to me? I throw them because I wish to, as it pleases me. If an acorn does take root because of my actions, then something has been gained, otherwise, nothing has been lost."

"Why should you wish to do anything at all, if it is not part of a plan for future gain? Idle pursuits are sinful!" the man seethed, himself becoming annoyed with the apparent lack of order in Zarath's mind. He worked himself half to death to maintain a particular order in his own thoughts and actions, so it seemed wrong, even offensive, that someone could be so contrary to his values. "The world is orderly in nature, and we must ourselves be organized in all things. Else we shall engage in the destructive ways of chaos and disorder!"

"Know-nothing!" screamed Zarath. "Without chaos, there can be no creativity, only mindless repetition and eventual stagnation!" With that, Zarath threw his remaining acorns at the prudish man and began hopping around, making chicken noises (bwauk, bwauk, bwaaauk!). The man fled and returned to his dull, comfortable life, and willingly bloted out his confusion with predictable, orderly thoughts of lunch and tax forms.

Zarath realized that he had met his nemesis.
-----

| Misuse of this information could|
| cause confusion and/or multiple |
| interpretations. Don't do       |
| anything to prevent this.       |

==Haiku==
The Tao of Eris
Many things to think about
Best to forget them

==Limerick==
On Tuesday I read a book,
'Cause I thought it was worth a look.
I found it quite boring,
By the end I was snoring,
So a nap is what I took.

The Book of Dewlap
Zarath the Confused Sage was speaking with his companions during teatime (being an American, who was in America at that time, this meant he was having tea at the proper, Greenwich Mean Time when it was the middle of the working day according to his local time zone. It made no difference), when one of them asked a question of him:

"Zarath, the conundrum that we know as the 'Chicken or the egg' argument has vexed me lately. Which came first?"

Sipping his tea, Zarath realized too late that the tea was very hot, and he proceeded to burn his tongue. Unable to answer the question, he waved his hand in an attempt to get another to speak for him.

Rising to meet the Confused and now Slightly Burned Sage's needs, a perceptive young companion spoke aloud: "What Zarath means to say is that neither the chicken nor the egg seems to give a damn which came first, so we may conclude that they were born, simultaneously, from a wombat."

Satisfied, Zarath shrugged and those present were enlightened.
-----

A farmer told a man from the
city: "My cows are invisible, good sir."
Disbelieving, the city fellow looked into
the farmer's field,
And Lo! he could not see any cows.

If I find Jesus, does that mean the game is over, or is it my turn to hide?

Concerning the Number Eleven
*A Numerological Principle*

• Wherefore, if there are exactly eleven people present at a party, it shall be nigh impossible to divide the cake into eleven pieces, making it necessary to acquire more cakes of the same size to make eleven, or some multiple thereof.
  • Wherefore, be it known that eleven is therefore an impractical and awkward number to use in any situation
  • Wherefore, any person interested in promoting Holy Discord should attempt to apply the number eleven as often as possible, for obvious reasons.

The Reverend Gamalost was known
to wax philosophic very often,
because philosophic tended to lose
its glossy sheen all too easily.

LMNO

I'll say this about your post:  It's the first thing someone's written in this subforum in a couple of weeks.

Cramulus

Good post, Cainad.

A Tale of the Prudish One - What I like about this is that it's like a zen parable with a reverse punchline. These things usually end in enlightenment or some sort of moral. But instead, Zarath meets his nemesis. Which I guess is a sort of realization, but not the one one might expect.

The Book of Dewlap - Good as well. I like the burning and waving hands. My personal opinion is that the word Wombat is too "intentionally weird". Know what I mean?

Concerning the Number Eleven - I'm not quite sold on why 11 is important.

My favorite line from the post is:

"If I find Jesus, does that mean the game is over, or is it my turn to hide?"

as this is kopyleft, I reserve the right to YOINK it in the future.

Payne

I already X Posted this on P3nTs boards for you, Cram.

When I saw it on POEE, I thought you'd like it. Cainad agreed then that you could YOINK it.

hunter s.durden

Fuck you Cainass.

This thing was dying, and you had to ruin it.
This space for rent.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: hunter s.durden on September 13, 2007, 06:42:56 PM
Fuck you Cainass.

This thing was dying, and you had to ruin it.

You're welcome.

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on September 13, 2007, 03:36:32 PM

The Book of Dewlap - Good as well. I like the burning and waving hands. My personal opinion is that the word Wombat is too "intentionally weird". Know what I mean?

I see what you mean. Perhaps 'echidna' would be better? Or maybe 'mongoose'?

Cramulus

hmmmm how about

Quote"What Zarath means to say is that neither the chicken nor the egg seems to give a damn which came first, so we may conclude that they were born, simultaneously, from a vagina."

Iron Sulfide

Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I thought wombat was womb with "at" on the end of it...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Iron Sulfide

i know he's a newb and all, but this was all fail.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Prater Festwo on September 20, 2007, 08:14:25 AM

Nah, I didn't think it was fail... it seemed like a pretty decent start at a bit of Round Eye Zen.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cainad (dec.)

Perhaps I should put a little disclaimer at the top to warn readers that the crap I write isn't for 'lulz' or 'win'?

Oh wait, this is the interwebz. My bad.

B_M_W

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on September 14, 2007, 07:13:08 AM
hmmmm how about

Quote"What Zarath means to say is that neither the chicken nor the egg seems to give a damn which came first, so we may conclude that they were born, simultaneously, from a cloaca."

Fixxored for biological accuracy.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Ratatosk on September 20, 2007, 09:33:33 PM

Nah, I didn't think it was fail... it seemed like a pretty decent start at a bit of Round Eye Zen.

perhaps i'm becoming biased in my advanced snootiness.

i should remove the operative word "all"- but i'll fight to the death to defend my right to be wrong.

mmm...Defend the Right to be Wrong -  memebomb?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i like it. as well as-
defend the right to be left
(handed)
my son used to be left handed till his elementary school "corrected" it
:?

:sad: