News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Galatea

Started by Luna, September 16, 2011, 04:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

They got the story wrong.  They usually do, but they don't usually screw them up this badly.

It's a beautiful story,if you look at it right.  A man imagines his ideal mate. creates her form with his own hands. and his love and faith are enoug to bring her to life.  Stone to living, breathing flesh, to happy ever after.

We'll ignore the "no woman is perfect, you have to build one to find one" implication.

That's not how it happens, though.

I loved him, you see, but he never felt the same way about me.  I was stupid enough to keep on loving him, keep on hoping, month after month, year after year.

That's how a living,breathing heart gets turned to stone.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Faust

Galatea surpassed and moved beyond him. It hurt, especially because she loved him. But she was growing and could grow no further with him.
Years to come she would look back fondly on their time together but never question that she was her own individual who could be happy without him.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Luna

Thanks, Faust.  I'm getting past it, this was more dissection of the past than where I'm at, now.

The stone is a useful cocoon, for awhile, anyway.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

Stones are also good for music with rocks in it.