News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Ask me anything you wanted to know about the horrid truths..

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, March 11, 2005, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I dunno. Maybe a real damn hungry Buddhist would eat the fruit. Normally they just collect the seeds and make rosaries out of them.

Actually Buddhism doesn't prohibit the eating of meat. Otherwise the Tibetans would have starved to death. (You try growing crops enough to feed everyone in that climate.) Oh wait. Perhaps it's moot anyway because of the Chinese pwnage on the himalaya region.

There are certain times in certain meditative practices which require meat to be given up....but that's in the context of a ritualized mindfuck.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Horab Fibslager

true enough.

i've largely forasekn ritualism. i mean i've got my little rituals and recognize them as such, but movign to ward a less ritualized uh thing in general.

back during the teibetan freedom fests, i sued to get a reall kick outta the llamas looking so disdainful(as opposed to their sposedly usual disimpassionedness) towards the kids moshing it up. never mind alll teh whiel dabllign int he gun amrket and the like.

but hey politics and warfare is fucked liek that.

do they ever eat thsoe cranes or whatever?(the birds there, i forget wtf they're called)
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: horab fibslagertrue enough.

i've largely forasekn ritualism. i mean i've got my little rituals and recognize them as such, but movign to ward a less ritualized uh thing in general.

back during the teibetan freedom fests, i sued to get a reall kick outta the llamas looking so disdainful(as opposed to their sposedly usual disimpassionedness) towards the kids moshing it up. never mind alll teh whiel dabllign int he gun amrket and the like.

but hey politics and warfare is fucked liek that.

do they ever eat thsoe cranes or whatever?(the birds there, i forget wtf they're called)

Man. Tibetans will eat anything that lives and isn't human. Though they prefer bovine animals, and bread, and buttery things of all sorts. Gods! Do they love butter!

Shit. I have been to Losar (Tibetan New Year) parties where everyone is ripping it up drinking and dancing. And the monks are over in the corner watching and palying cards. It's a trip until you get used to it.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Hitchsnot

I know Buddah and Buddah rocks! Now how do Buddists meditate? What is the point of meditation? That is wasting time. Y'know? There is too much left unfucked. Y'know?
And then it happened.

LMNO

Quote from: HitchsnotI know Buddah and Buddah rocks! Now how do Buddists meditate? What is the point of meditation? That is wasting time. Y'know? There is too much left unfucked. Y'know?

You know Buddha?  

Did you kill him when you met him?

PopeLoUDICRUCE

Hey gang!
do you know that experience when you read things ten times in, say a years time and then on the eleventh time something clicks? Well, I was just rereading Liber Chaos and this jumped out as Ve-e-e-ery Interesting in it's implications

QuoteIt is generally if not invariably tha case that personal creativity and achievement are directly proportional to personal sexual turmoil. This is actually one of the major but often unrecognised techniques of sex magic. Inspire yourself with maximum sexual turmoil and confusion if you really want to find out what you are capable of in other fields. A tempestuous sex life is not a side effect of being a great artist for example. Rather it is the art which is the side effect of a tempestuous sex life.

The Muse, the hypothetical source of inspiration, usually pictured in sexual terms, is the Muse only when one's relationship to her is unstable. Every possible moral pronouncement on sexual behaviour has doubtless been given a million times before, and it would be unseemly for a Chaoist to re-emphasise any of it. However, one thing seems reasonably certain. Any form of sexuality eventually invokes the whole gamut of ecstasy, self-disgust, fear, delight, boredom, anger, love, jealousy, rafe, self-pity, elation and confusion.It is these things which make us human and occasionally superhuman. To attempt to transcend them is to make oneself less than human, not more. Intensity of experience is the key to really being alive and given the choice I'd rather do it through love than war any day.
BTW
QuoteShit. I have been to Losar (Tibetan New Year) parties where everyone is ripping it up drinking and dancing. And the monks are over in the corner watching and palying cards. It's a trip until you get used to it.
That's been my experience also Hugh :P
Train yr brain not to stain yr heart with pain
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

LMNO

::is now worried that my story is developing so well::

PopeLoUDICRUCE

-PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0
DAT(HIMOD)Th/p C++ s! a* COMP+ P++ E F+ R* tv+ b+ OM(5) RAW++ DC e+ h--- ys+++ K++

PopeLoUDICRUCE

Hugh!
Not that it REALLY matters but I find it somewhat interesting that you and I have some similar background-i.e I associate with  Nyingma Teachers such as Tarthang Tulku and Penor Rinpoche and I feel some sense of truth in what you were saying
QuoteLaypersons can reach enlightenment...Paradoxically: I think that Buddhism contains some successful paths to enlightenment...but only because I have witnessed living enlightenment in some of my teachers. I do not feel that it is necessary to become Buddhist to be enlightened.  Enlightenment and mental freedom is not bound up to any doctrine or practice, even Buddhist ones. However I do feel that Buddhism must be approached as Buddhism, meaning: A lifestyle/culture of awareness that embraces religion, art, philosophy, psychology, whathaveyou. Buddhism cannot work well if approached from only one of its aspects or from other religion's understandings.
                                         -PopeLoU-

DOCE NAIDROCSID v1.0