News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

ATTN: Left Coast

Started by Eater of Clowns, April 09, 2010, 05:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

I'll probably be in California from May 18th-25th.  I'm staying with my awesome retired uncle whose town I forget but I'm flying into Oakland so it'll probably be in that vicinity.  I won't have a car, partially because I think you need to be 25 to rent one and partially because I don't feel like paying money.  I have absolutely no plans for doing anything during that time other than arrive and depart from the airport.

Any suggestions for the area would be greatly appreciated.  Anyone in the area would be awesome to meet.  I'm up for anything.

I've never taken a vacation before.  As in taken the time from work, booked the flight, stayed somewhere, etc.  I'm assuming this is how one vacations and such.  Never been to CA either.  I think I might like to see the Pacific Ocean.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Have fun.  I was down there up until late last year, but if you can get in touch with her St. Mae is the bay area Discordian to meet. 

Dysnomia

OHAI!

Perhaps I'll pester you as I'm only about 45mins-1hr away from there depending on how fast I drivetraffic.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on April 09, 2010, 06:08:59 AM
OHAI!

Perhaps I'll pester you as I'm only about 45mins-1hr away from there depending on how fast I drivetraffic.

Sounds good.  You bring horses, I bring torches with which to raze villages.

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 09, 2010, 05:41:37 AM
Have fun.  I was down there up until late last year, but if you can get in touch with her St. Mae is the bay area Discordian to meet. 

Maybe she is - UNTIL I GET THERE.  Seriously though it's unfortunate you aren't in the area.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Darth Cupcake

TAKE NOTES

I am going to SF in mid August.

My friend who is out in Palo Alto assures me that there are tons of places around SF where you can rent bikes, and there's some really nice paths around the area. I want to snag one and bike out along the coast.

Also I'd suggest checking out yelp.com if you're looking for places to eat and whatnot, as Yelp was founded in SF (I think).

Oh, and I've been told you can get giant penis cookies on sticks in the Castro. DO IT.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Dysnomia

EoC-  WE SHALL RIDE ON A ROAD OF BONES

After all, it's been over a century since that earthquake fucked shit up in SF...I need to get up there and stir things up a bit.   :lulz:

DCUP-  OHAI2U2

I think this penis cookie thing should be investigated. 

Freeky

THERE MUST BE PICS OF GIANT PENIS COOKIES.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Juana

This is rather specific, but on Telegraph and Third in Oakland, there's a really good Ethiopian place. And then there's the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Asian art in the SF civic center, which are both pretty awesome.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Hover Cat on April 10, 2010, 02:35:25 AM
This is rather specific, but on Telegraph and Third in Oakland, there's a really good Ethiopian place. And then there's the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Asian art in the SF civic center, which are both pretty awesome.

Alright, cool.  I hope to get to San Francisco at least one day, hopefully for a few.

Also penis cookies.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Dysnomia

the penis cookies make me want to move to sf.

Zenpeanut

I don't know if any of you are interested, but Penny Arcade has an annual penis cookie contest.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Zenpeanut on April 10, 2010, 05:46:17 PM
I don't know if any of you are interested, but Penny Arcade has an annual penis cookie contest.

Dickerdoodles!  It's horrible what people do with frosting.  Horrible.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EoC on April 09, 2010, 05:34:42 AM
I'll probably be in California from May 18th-25th.  I'm staying with my awesome retired uncle whose town I forget but I'm flying into Oakland so it'll probably be in that vicinity.  I won't have a car, partially because I think you need to be 25 to rent one and partially because I don't feel like paying money.  I have absolutely no plans for doing anything during that time other than arrive and depart from the airport.

Any suggestions for the area would be greatly appreciated.  Anyone in the area would be awesome to meet.  I'm up for anything.

I've never taken a vacation before.  As in taken the time from work, booked the flight, stayed somewhere, etc.  I'm assuming this is how one vacations and such.  Never been to CA either.  I think I might like to see the Pacific Ocean.

I'll be in Canada at that time.  I trust you will be available sometime between June 9-14th, when I am in Providence?
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 10, 2010, 07:23:35 PM
Quote from: EoC on April 09, 2010, 05:34:42 AM

I'll be in Canada at that time.  I trust you will be available sometime between June 9-14th, when I am in Providence?

I believe I shall, Doktor (which you will learn is pronounced Dahk-tah).

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.