News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Arsenic? In MY apple juice?

Started by Suu, November 30, 2011, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Even the Greeks and Romans used plumbum. It still made them batshit when they licked the pipes, but ya know...We still survived as a race SOMEHOW.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

I thought the supposition on pesitcides was a good one...soil leeching is a huge problem that rarely gets addressed outside the organic farming crowd.

I heard this whinefest on NPR the other day about local San Diego folks who are suing the organic farms around them because of the pestilence that has infected their suburban homes.  This 70 year old harridan was telling the organic farmer who was representing them on the show that she moved to California "to get away from the bugs they have in the midwest!"

The farmer had no sympathy for her.

Neither do I.

Golden Applesauce

One of my aunts was saying something about this over Thanksgiving.  I thought that she was talking about the natural cyanide in apple seeds, and told her that her kids drank enough juice for it to make a difference they'd lose all of their teeth and come down with diabetes first.  Cousin who's a dentist concurred.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.