News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

What the hell...

Started by Trollax, August 29, 2004, 01:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Here's a link for those of you who are interested.
A friend sent me this article, and I do feel it condenses about 1500 pages of laurence gradiner into an easy read without missing too many major details.

PS it's about the origins of christianity.

gnimbley

I especially like the part where he says that Passover is in September
and Christmas is the celebration of Jesus's death. Great fact checking.

Trollax

Quote from: gnimbleyI especially like the part where he says that Passover is in September
and Christmas is the celebration of Jesus's death. Great fact checking.

heh. well. It doesn't change the fact that the dates were misappropriated to pagan festivals.  :P

And bleive me, the roman catholic church is the worst of the worst.

LMNO

Wait a minute.  He goes through all that and then wonders if maybe the new testament is the word of man rather than the word of God?

Anyway, here's the "reasoning" behind it, if you really press a devout Christian (or at least, this is what someone who calls themselves a devout Christian told me when I pressed him about this): Some of the writings were inspired by God, some were written by men.  At the council at Nicea, The Hand of God influenced their decisions in choosing the Gospels.

Hey, makes as much sense as anything else, i guess.