News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED T2 APPRECIATION THREAD

Started by fanglekai, December 02, 2011, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Cainad on December 09, 2011, 08:30:49 PM
Quote from: Khara on December 09, 2011, 08:27:27 PM
Wait, I thought the world was ending in 2012..... 

Not until December :x  We have to live through the whole year before we get to that bit.

Well, by golly, we'll just have work extra hard to speed things up.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Johnny

Quote from: infinityshock on December 10, 2011, 04:41:14 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 09, 2011, 04:36:46 PM
Mind you, I'm not talking apocalyptic crazy. I'm talking CRAZY crazy. Like some supreme batshittery is going to go down.

I'm picking up the sense that there are a lot of tightly-wound crazy people out there, and they're going to start snapping.

theres a psychological term for that.  its called 'transference'.  ask your therapist about it.

No.

Quote from:  Jean Laplanche "Dictionary of Psychoanalysis"
Transference: Designs in psychoanalysis the process in which unconscious desires are actualized over certain objects, within a determined type of relation established between them and specially in the analytical relationship.

Its about the repetition of infancy prototypes, lived with a sense of actuality.

Almost always what is denominated transference by psychoanalists is the transference in the cure.

Transference is clasically known as the terrain in which the problematic of the psychoanalitic cure is developed, being characterized by the instauration, modalities, interpretation and resolution of transference.

Now go to psych 101 and stay there :fuckoff:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Salty

:pwned:

You know, I thought of you the second I saw that post, Joh'Nyx.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

President Television

Quote from: Nigel on December 09, 2011, 04:36:46 PM
Mind you, I'm not talking apocalyptic crazy. I'm talking CRAZY crazy. Like some supreme batshittery is going to go down.

I'm picking up the sense that there are a lot of tightly-wound crazy people out there, and they're going to start snapping.

theres a psychological term for that.  its called 'transference'.  ask your therapist about it.

Yeah, I think you're thinking of projection.
No need to be a prick about it in any case.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LCS on December 10, 2011, 06:48:28 AM

why do you need to condescend, man?

Because he came here from Totse2 for one reason only: being a shit. To show us, or something. Check his post history, there's nothing useful coming out of this one, zero. Everybody else is just ignoring him.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on December 09, 2011, 03:23:52 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 09, 2011, 02:31:30 AM
Pssst, Stella... read the OM:F thread.

:lulz: Let's see what happens.

Please, you know what happens.

If you want to see what happens when you return childish insults with more childish insults, take a look at Totse2.

Serious question 1: Did you expect anything else?
Serious question 2: Do you really want to bring that level of discussion to PD?

If it were possible, I'd move this whole thread to Totse2.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 10, 2011, 12:56:11 PM

If you want to see what happens when you return childish insults with more childish insults, take a look at Totse2.

Point taken, for you guys sake.
Even though it's now taking IS 13 hours to think of a comeback.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

infinityshock

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 10, 2011, 09:21:39 AMEverybody else is just ignoring him.

feel free to add yourself to the list

infinityshock

Quote from: LCS on December 10, 2011, 06:48:28 AM
why do you need to condescend, man?

its free advice.  some people pay $250 an hour for that kind of thing

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 10, 2011, 12:56:11 PM

This
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."