News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: v3x on June 25, 2012, 07:08:31 AM
also, "spring water" is usually tap water from Texas

Get me proof of that and I'll give you a cut of my settlement.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 25, 2012, 04:45:28 PM
huh....
iron tablets.
i guess they are chewable flavored iron tablets that kids might mistake for candy?
That's it exactly.  Some gummy and other candy flavored children's multivitamins can be really dangerous, because they want that candy goodness, and certain ones have iron in them.  Those VitaBear gummies are addictive as hell, too, especially the calcium ones.

Freeky,
FUCK OFF, KID, THESE ARE MY VITAMINS!

Elder Iptuous

that's good to know, because my kiddos get the gummy bear vitamins...
will have to make sure that they can never get their grubby little mitts on them unsupervised.
thank you for the warning!
:)

Freeky

It's no problem, but now I want those calcium gummy bears.  They taste like goddamn smoothies.

Elder Iptuous

i just checked and the gummy bears they pop don't have any iron.
but they have vitamin A.  i think that's one that you can overdo...
best practice to keep them secure, which i did anyways.
it was just startling hearing that iron overdose is a leading form of poisoning in kiddos under 6.

Freeky

Yeah, vitamin A does something bad in too large of quantities. 

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 26, 2012, 02:06:42 AM
Quote from: v3x on June 25, 2012, 07:08:31 AM
also, "spring water" is usually tap water from Texas

Get me proof of that and I'll give you a cut of my settlement.  :lulz:

I know there's a company which takes tap water from Concrete WA and bottles it.  Cascade I think but I'm not certain.  I've seen them doing it and I had a friend who lived in Concrete who said they do it regularly. 

OTOH  Concrete has really good tap water.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 26, 2012, 03:22:46 AM
that's good to know, because my kiddos get the gummy bear vitamins...
will have to make sure that they can never get their grubby little mitts on them unsupervised.
thank you for the warning!
:)

I think a lot of children's vitamins makers stopped putting iron in after several well-publicized deaths and accompanying lawsuits in the 1980's.

And there is lots of iron in oysters and red meat, for the record. Not too much, but enough that if your kids eat either, they're covered.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

I only remember enough Arabic to count to ten but I wish I'd kept it up so I could work out what was said by the political activist that provoked this reaction from a Syrian politician during a televised discussion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18756726

ETA
OK quick fact fix. They are actually Jordanian, they were discussing the situation in Syria, and the straw that broke the camel's back was when the guy on the left accused the other guy of being an Israeli agent . . . so that makes perfect sense.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 29, 2012, 07:55:08 PM
Coca-Cola seems kinda relevant here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani#United_Kingdom

Yeah, I always heard Dasani was Detroit tap water.

Also,  :lulz: "bottled spunk".

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Anna Mae Bollocks