News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Read the Illuminatus! trilogy

Started by Cain, February 21, 2005, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

if you can't fix it with duct tape, it probably can't be fixed...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Merastius

Yeah... Was intrested in reading the trilogy, but I'm not that sure where to find it. Maybe I can be lazy/stupid and just try and download it somewhere... Or can I find it in just 'normal' online shops like amazon.com or ebay?

Now, I know what you are/are not thinking: this guy could have looked on amazon.com or ebay first to find out, instead of posting the question here stupidly!

Well that's right, I could have done. But I didn't. And that cannot be changed, unless I, in a sudden spur of mercy and courage, decide to not post this message.
Merastius Seremi Fenderson I,
More or Less Chaplin of the Mind-Cyclone Cabal,
Highly Unlightened Parasite and Chaoist.

LMNO

[pedantry]

Yes, you can find Illuminatus! in most large bookstore chains, and on amazon.com...

[/pedantry]

Bob the Mediocre

I think they put it under Shea's name in the last one I went to.Just so you know to check there too.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

Legionnaire Rydel

Hung Mung slapped his buttocks, hopped about, and shook his head, saying
"I do not know! I do not know!"
HBT; The Book of Gooks, Chap. 1

Merastius

Thanks! I guess I'll check my local library first, so maybe I can borrow it for free instead of buying it from a bookshop...
Merastius Seremi Fenderson I,
More or Less Chaplin of the Mind-Cyclone Cabal,
Highly Unlightened Parasite and Chaoist.

Anonymous

I read the illuminatus trillogy........what an awsome book!!!!!!!  its mind blowing, makes u think, and funny as hell!! Wilson is my new favorit author

Baron Von Stevenstein

^that was me sry 4got 2 log in lol
Floppy-ear'd Order of the Cthulhu
(\ /)
(0.o)
(>D)>=I====>

Malaul

you are forgiven simpl;y because your website link takes me to my Lord and Master
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

LMNO

Funny, I thought I was your lord and master...

::ducks::

Baron Von Stevenstein

the Lord and Master is All Mighty FOAMY
Floppy-ear'd Order of the Cthulhu
(\ /)
(0.o)
(>D)>=I====>

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Ignotum per Ignotiusthe Lord and Master is All Mighty FOAMY

i thought it was the xhix0r with the wife ebater and the shorts.
Hell is other people.

hooplala

Quote from: horabi got the impressiont hat they cut things out of the omnibus ed. that were int eh original. as well with shrodinger's cat.

What made you think parts had been cut out?  I know that some was 'lost' on its way to the publisher, or so the story goes, but I've never heard of any being cut.

I think . . .

Maybe?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

As far as I knew, they added stuff to the omnibus edition, which was released after the trilogy did so well.  It wasn't supposed to be three boks in the beginning.

I'll check my copy of cosmic trigger when I get home.  RAW talks about it.

Horab Fibslager

there was differences ebttween the orginal 70's publish an dhte omnibus. certain scenes i was expecting (such as wehn the detective guy was goigncrazy from teh schizo mind bomb) were shortened or parts were cut out or stuff. i can't recall exactly now. i'v eread the omnibus 5 1/2 times(both trilogies) since tehn.
Hell is other people.