News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Secrets of Cabala Revealed In Discordia*

Started by Mangrove, May 24, 2005, 08:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has Mangrove finally lost it?

Yes
1 (8.3%)
No
0 (0%)
Did he have it to begin with?
11 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 31, 2005, 08:33:04 PM

Mangrove

Quote from: Zurtok KhanI am bad at math.

What does Zurtok equal?

i'll expand on that later....but for now it's 7 X 11 which seems to be a consistently good qabalistic number. (because it's prime)

that is...11 is prime..
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii
Quote from: Saint*Bastard (Deceased)scrid bears the mark of creation.

thank you!  someone finally saw the special scridian birthmark.
I saw it before, but I had no idea what it was.  What kind of thing is it and what does it mean?

Mangrove

Zurtok,

I applied Notariqon* to your name and found the following:

Zealots Undermine Religion To Oppose Knowledge.

spooky non?   :wink:

* "Notariqon - there are two types of notariqon. The first condenses a word, sentence or phrase into a more simple one by reading only the initial letters, in an attempt to reveal a more fundamental truth. The second expands a word or a sentence whose component words are the initials of the original word" - Lon Milo Duquette.

Mangrove

Ok, here's a bit more of Zurtok. If any of this is even remotely accurate, then you may praise my kabbalistic wisdom, if not, then what the hell do you expect from the internet???

Anyways....according to the New Aeon English Qabalah system as used by the Hermetic Order of the QBLH, the name 'ZURTOK' gives us a 77.  Divide that by 7 and you get 11 which is kabbalistically significant in that it's a prime and is "the general number of magick, or energy tending to change." (Crowley).

Referring 77 back to the usual, industry standard Hebrew kabbalah and some interesting words are thrown up. One of them is Strength (rendered in Hebrew by the letters Ayin & Vau). Though this can also mean 'he-goat' which could get you into a whole mess of symbolism about "randy Pan the goat boy", the Devil and so forth.

The name KHAN when using this New Aeon system equates to 28. Hebrew worlds equal to 28 are Unity (Yod, Cheth, Vau, Daleth) or Power (Kaph Cheth). This got me thinking of Genghis Khan.  He was definitely a strong leader and his power was a result of him unifying the Mongol tribes in a way that had never been done before. Strength & power are acquired through unity.

If you add 77 to 28 you get 105. Cross check that with Hebrew words and we get the fantastic: Heh Peh Kaph (To Subvert!). Subversion...couldn't get a more apt word for a Discordian now, could you?

Strength + Power/Unity = Subversion

Mangrove

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiOk, here's a bit more of Zurtok. If any of this is even remotely accurate, then you may praise my kabbalistic wisdom, if not, then what the hell do you expect from the internet???

Anyways....according to the New Aeon English Qabalah system as used by the Hermetic Order of the QBLH, the name 'ZURTOK' gives us a 77.  Divide that by 7 and you get 11 which is kabbalistically significant in that it's a prime and is "the general number of magick, or energy tending to change." (Crowley).

Referring 77 back to the usual, industry standard Hebrew kabbalah and some interesting words are thrown up. One of them is Strength (rendered in Hebrew by the letters Ayin & Vau). Though this can also mean 'he-goat' which could get you into a whole mess of symbolism about "randy Pan the goat boy", the Devil and so forth.

The name KHAN when using this New Aeon system equates to 28. Hebrew worlds equal to 28 are Unity (Yod, Cheth, Vau, Daleth) or Power (Kaph Cheth). This got me thinking of Genghis Khan.  He was definitely a strong leader and his power was a result of him unifying the Mongol tribes in a way that had never been done before. Strength & power are acquired through unity.

If you add 77 to 28 you get 105. Cross check that with Hebrew words and we get the fantastic: Heh Peh Kaph (To Subvert!). Subversion...couldn't get a more apt word for a Discordian now, could you?

Strength + Power/Unity = Subversion

Mangrove

Well, I DID decide to become a Khan-man (hehehehehe) after reading about Ghengis Khan, so yeah, it ought to remind you of him.  

And that is all rather interesting, I thank you for your Khabalistic Wisdom, and in return offer you a free drink at the Open Bar.  Of course, just because I offer it, doesn't mean that OP will offer it  :twisted:
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Mangrove

Zurtok,

OB passed me a drink with a sticky note on it.

Glad you liked the kabbalistic analysis......I found out this morning that I had inadvertently copped some of chapter '77' from Crowley's Book Of Lies.

But he's dead and I'm not....so ha! to him I say.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

s=5
y=15
n=14
a=1
p=26
t=24
y=15
x=22

=122

1+2+2 = 5

w00t! :D
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Mangrove

Quote from: synaptyxs=5
y=15
n=14
a=1
p=26
t=24
y=15
x=22

=122

1+2+2 = 5

w00t! :D

122? hmm......i will see if i can dig up some more on this!

Mangrove

at this juncture some of you may be thinking*:

"wait a minute big nose, if i abitrarily assign numbers to an alphabet, then surely at some point there will be some apparently meaningful correspondences?"

and if that's what you think? well, then you'd be right.

what's important is not the system you use but the process that you go through. it's the opposite of the zen koan. instead of seeking the most brutal simplicity to overthrow the mundane mind and experience satori (japanese for fnord, i guess) the qabalist works in the opposite way, seeking to connect everything to everything until there's no 'anything' left. overload the mundane mind with complexity.

bit like looking for 23s and 5s everywhere.....(maybe)

now the orthodox qabalist uses these methods to extract layers of meaning from their holy scriptures. and good for them. but we can use the methods but without the ideology - converting to judaism is entirely unecessary (unless you want to of course).

looking for holiness in religious literature is hardly a challenge though is it? what, with all those gods and stuff ambling around the chapters. no, try looking elsehwere....car license plates, pizza menus, LMNO's story....whatever.

it's eris' way of reminding you that you can find her anywhere...or not.

the system i used for s.c.r.i.d was a new aeon qabalah used by a thelemic group. they had their reasons for picking those numbers and assigning them in the way that they did. however, that really doesn't matter. go make up your own.

connecting obvious words is not hard. perhaps your new qabalah system yields up the gematria that 'cell phone' is equivalent to 'annoying asshole on a train'....that's hardly surprising. where the real challenge lies is in finding the connections to what isn't immediately apparent. if your qabalah for instance gave up 'apple' and 'stapler'....then you've got some work to do. if you can make it happen, then your awareness of the interconnections has gotten that little bit bigger. perhaps you're on your way to enlightenment.

the qabalah is a tool or a map...and as always, don't confuse the map with the territory.

peace out,

mangrove

* this only applies to people are actually thinking in the first place.

LMNO

Mangrove,

Did you know that you're my hero?

You've just said what I've been trying to communicate for years.  

Bra-fucking-vo.

Have a drink.

Anonymous

Quote from: LMNOMangrove,

Bra-fucking-vo.

Have a drink.

thanks dude. don't you just love running your own bar?...lol..

Mangrove

Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: LMNOMangrove,

Bra-fucking-vo.

Have a drink.

thanks dude. don't you just love running your own bar?...lol..

that wasn't a guest....it was a mang'.

gnimbley

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiat this juncture some of you may be thinking*:

::snippity snip snip snip::

Well, that leaves me out.

Zurtok Khan

I'm applying it to Gnomes too, cause you're too uber cool for words (even these) Gnimbly!
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Mangrove

Quote from: gnimbley
Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiat this juncture some of you may be thinking*:

::snippity snip snip snip::

Well, that leaves me out.

i don't believe you mr gnome. i swear i saw you thinking.