News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

ATTN Nigel: Creepy temple with dolls everywhere.

Started by Kai, September 13, 2013, 03:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

So, I was looking at the videos for Abandoned Japan (I gave you a playlist before, but /this/ is the channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbandonedJapan), and I found a tumbler linked (http://abandonedjapan.tumblr.com/).

One of the photoseries was of this abandoned Buddhist temple for missing children. Parents would bring a doll for the priest to bless and keep, and so many of the dolls have names on them.

http://abandonedjapan.tumblr.com/search/doll+house

ETA: Should clarify, that tumblr is /not/ connected to those youtube accounts. It's a completely different person, which I just realized.

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH MY GOD I WANT MY INTERNET BACK SO BAD!!!  :horrormirth:

I'm leaving this window open until it's working again. Thanks Kai!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't see anything. :( Hopefully my internets will be back tomorrow. I think it's really REALLY weird that I can read PD but almost nothing else will load for me. Facebook loads sometimes, but sans pictures.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I kinda wanna go there and fix this place and clean the dolls up. It's sad to think all these all represent dead kids. Their parents brought these dolls here and each one was blessed . . . and now they're just scary jim-jam generators pretty much lost and forgotten.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love these... so lovely. We have lots of abandoned rural places in the US as well, because of the same exodus of people from rural to urban areas, but we seem far more keen on bulldozing everything as soon as possible.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I actually don't find this creepy. there's a hell of a lot of pathos and sadness, but it's touching, rather than scary.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Pixie on September 13, 2013, 02:56:17 PM
I actually don't find this creepy. there's a hell of a lot of pathos and sadness, but it's touching, rather than scary.

I kind of alternated between that and an irrational "It's not something to do with Fukushima, is it? Let me check again."

It did weird things to my head. I like that.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Kai

Quote from: What The Fox Say on September 13, 2013, 02:46:41 PM
I love these... so lovely. We have lots of abandoned rural places in the US as well, because of the same exodus of people from rural to urban areas, but we seem far more keen on bulldozing everything as soon as possible.

Yeah, one of the major reasons these abandoned places stick around is that they're A) way up in the mountains or B) far away from cities. As the Japanese birth rate declines there will be more and more places like this, where people move away and the elderly die, and then whole villages will be empty, forgotten, the fodder for future archaeologists.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish