News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Art and Bad People

Started by Salty, June 15, 2014, 08:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: The Johnny on June 25, 2014, 01:15:01 PM
Some "trve metul grrl" recommended this to me. I still dont understand whyt its a holocaust of cannibals. Yellow print all over it.

My guess about the yellow print is to also prime for Italian "giallo" detective/crime category.

Cain

Quote from: LuciferX on June 25, 2014, 09:51:37 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2014, 02:55:03 PM
My understanding is that it's a reference to/satire on the senationalist Italian media and their portrayal of Red Brigade terrorism at the time.  Using "holocaust" to describe the violence is in keeping with their usual hyperbolic tone.
The Italian Media, with the possible exception of Rete-Quatro's daytime programing, now submit to the requirement that the news be delivered with objective disinterestedness and according to standard journalistic guidelines.  The one thing that you can't force them them to do is chose the right fucking stories.

Thus it ever was.  The right stories in Italy, as always, have a secondary effect of dramatically shortening one's expected lifespan.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on June 26, 2014, 09:03:19 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 25, 2014, 09:51:37 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2014, 02:55:03 PM
My understanding is that it's a reference to/satire on the senationalist Italian media and their portrayal of Red Brigade terrorism at the time.  Using "holocaust" to describe the violence is in keeping with their usual hyperbolic tone.
The Italian Media, with the possible exception of Rete-Quatro's daytime programing, now submit to the requirement that the news be delivered with objective disinterestedness and according to standard journalistic guidelines.  The one thing that you can't force them them to do is chose the right fucking stories.

Thus it ever was.  The right stories in Italy, as always, have a secondary effect of dramatically shortening one's expected lifespan.
Go figure.  I think Passolini would tie this up nicely.