News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

I'm suspicious, personally.

While I wouldn't be surprised of many of these being expectations of a female teacher, Googling reveals this as, simultaneously, a Ohio, Texas and Utah contract, and having been passed down by at least 20 people's grandmothers.

Demolition Squid

The smoking one is what made me go  :?

Wasn't smoking considered to be good for your health around that time?
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Cain

Edward Bernays did his infamous American Tabacco Company advertising work (aimed at getting more women smoking) in the 1920s.  However, it probably didn't filter down out of the big cities into the countryside until cinema became more popular in those areas, in the 30s and 40s.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2015, 02:02:42 PM
I'm suspicious, personally.

While I wouldn't be surprised of many of these being expectations of a female teacher, Googling reveals this as, simultaneously, a Ohio, Texas and Utah contract, and having been passed down by at least 20 people's grandmothers.

I figured it was crap.  It's still horrormirthy.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh, absolutely.  And of course, for many boarding staff in particular, not a whole lot has changed.

I can't have guests around, for example. not that I'd want to show them this horroshow or the shithole I call a flat.  And in theory I cannot drink while off duty either, in case there is a fire (in practice, I ignore this provision entirely).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

While many of the clauses are realistic for the era, petticoats were way out of fashion. This looks to me like a reprint of rules from an earlier year.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]