News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Nightmare fuel

Started by Cain, April 18, 2009, 02:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Fijian history:

"October 31st, 1839, Thursday. This morning we witnessed a shocking spectacle. Twenty (20) dead bodies of men, women and children were brought to Rewa as a present from Tanoa. They were distributed among the people to be cooked and eaten. They were dragged about in the water and on the beach. The children amused themselves by sporting with and mutilating the body of a little girl. A crowd of men and women maltreated the body of a gray-haired old man and that of a young woman. Human entrails were floating down the river in front of the mission premises.  About 30 living children were hoisted up to the mastheads as flags of triumph. The motion of the canoes while sailing soon killed the helpless creatures and silenced their piercing cries.""

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Wizard

H0ly mother of god.  :| Admittedly though, most of this shit doesn't surprise me.
Insanity we trust.

The Wizard

We're a sick, twisted, species. Fuck horror novels; I read non-fiction.
Insanity we trust.

LMNO

Considering the summary of human nature and sadism I'm currently finishing up, this is an interesting addition, as it preceeds most major technological advancement in the culture.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, I read this before.

So much for the noble savage.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on July 08, 2009, 07:02:42 PM
Considering the summary of human nature and sadism I'm currently finishing up, this is an interesting addition, as it preceeds most major technological advancement in the culture.

Title / Author?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

As always, "The Mass Psychology of Fascism," by Wilhelm Reich.

I'm almost finished, I promise.

I'm also typing up key excerpts.

Template

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 08, 2009, 07:04:36 PM

The Noble Savage was just another era's name for our Black Swan.

BADGE OF HONOR

Before the noble savage there was the godless cannibal.  Both of them are arguably constructed for ulterior purposes.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Rumckle

Thanks Cain, I've been sleeping too well lately  :D
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 09, 2009, 02:57:11 AM

Before the noble savage there was the godless cannibal.  Both of them are arguably constructed for ulterior purposes.

This.

People are people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

From my current reading, the delightful American Torture by Michael Otterman:

We wrapped det [detonator] cord around [prisoners'] necks and wired them to the detonator box. And basically what it did was blow their heads off. The interrogator would tell the translator, usually a South Vietnamese intelligence officer, 'Ask him this.' He'd ask him, 'Who gave you the gun?' And the guy would start to answer, or maybe he wouldn't—maybe he'd resist—but the general idea was to waste the first two. They planned the snatches that way. Pick up this guy because we're pretty sure he's VC cadre—these other two guys just run errands for him. Or maybe they're nobody; Tran, the farmer, and his brother Nguyen. But bring in two. Put them in a row. By the time you get to your man, he's talking so fast you got to pop the weasel just to shut him up. I guess you could say that we wrote the book on terror.
- page 63

A popular saying of the CIA-trained interrogators was  Khong, danh cho co — 'If they are innocent, beat them until they become guilty'. According to emergency laws formulated with the help of the CIA in  Saigon, prisoners could be held for up to forty-six days at the PIC without charge. US Representative to Congress Paul McCloskey, who spoke to a PIC adviser while investigating Phoenix abuses, later recounted, 'When I asked an American pacifi  cation  officer if the 46-day period of interrogation was not reasonable, he replied, "We've
never had to interrogate anyone for 46 days—they've all broken and  confessed in 30 days"'.
- page 68 (also, this puts a very interesting spin on the continual UK attempts to increase its detention without charge laws, doesn't it?)

I have seen blind-folded men, their hands tied behind them, thrown out of helicopters—the helicopter was only three feet off the ground, but the blind-folded men couldn't know that. They would collapse in shivering heaps when they hit the ground, and often would have to be dragged away from  the helicopter so it could land. I have watched while these same men, still blind-folded and tied, were made to run down a steep hill, at the bottom of which were three rows of concertina barbed wire. The first row would hit them across the knees and they would plunge head first into the second and third rows of wire. They lie there until they are dragged out and sent skidding down another hill, at the bottom of which there is not barbed wire—their only defense is to collapse into a shivering heap on the ground—but that is sure to earn a few kicks and orders, given in English, to stand up if they want the kicks to stop.
- page 69

Two agency doctors and one private physician went to Vietnam in order to see whether a person's ideological views can be transformed
via painful shocks—a hypothesis seemingly inspired by the work of Dr Cameron. For several weeks they experimented extensively on VC prisoners housed in a high-walled and heavily guarded area of the Bien Hoa Hospital in Saigon. According to Dr Lloyd Cotter, one of the CIA doctors present, Vietcong prisoners were selected because they were 'typical cases of communist indoctrination'.  The trials consisted of massive quantities of electro-shocks. One VC soldier was strapped to a table and shocked six times every twelve hours. After seven days of this treatment, the man died. Later, Dr Cotter recalled that he administered more than 'several thousand shock treatments' during his time at the hospital. After three weeks, all of the VC prisoners were dead and the Americans flew home.
- page 70

Also at the hearings, Kenneth Barton Osborn, an Army military intelligence (MI) officer who worked with Phoenix in 1967–68, described the horrors he observed at the PICs. He described 'the use of electronic gear such as sealed telephones attached to the genitals' of both men and women '[to] shock them into submission'. Osborn added that he observed the murders of two suspected VCI members.  He recalled:

the insertion of the 6-inch dowel into the 6-inch ear canal of one of my detainee's ears and the tapping through the brain until he dies. The starving to death of a Vietnamese woman who was suspected of being part of the local [VC] political education cadre in one of the local villages. They simply starved her to death in a cage that they kept in one of the hooches at that very counterintelligence team headquarters.

Osborn testified that not a single VC suspect survived an interrogation under his supervision during his eighteen months in Phoenix.
For Osborn, Phoenix was a 'categorically inhuman ... murder program'.
- page 72

Requia ☣

And here everyone gets upset over Mai Lai.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Corvidia

:vom:
Quote from: Cain on August 22, 2009, 10:53:50 PM
the insertion of the 6-inch dowel into the 6-inch ear canal of one of my detainee's ears and the tapping through the brain until he dies.
:x :x :x
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.