News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Husband deployed today. His first prank was replacing my Kindle with a box of drywall screws in my backpack. Good thing I didn't need it for class.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 06, 2014, 01:53:39 AM
I got some of Nigel's favorite unsolicited advice yesterday. I was joking about the time I was gifted a pair of boxers that didn't have a crotch hole, which I didn't know until I wore them out drinking, confusedly fumbling around to find the opening while half in the bag.

Immediately I get a chorus of "Why don't you cut an opening for them?" And "Why not just pull them down and go up and over?"

GOOD IDEA FUCKSTICKS, GUESS I CAN STOP SIMPLY URINATING MYSELF NOW.  :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on October 06, 2014, 01:46:02 PM
Husband deployed today. His first prank was replacing my Kindle with a box of drywall screws in my backpack. Good thing I didn't need it for class.

Anybody messes with my school backpack and they are cut off forever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got some of Nigel's favorite unsolicited advice yesterday. I was joking about the time I was gifted a pair of boxers that didn't have a crotch hole, which I didn't know until I wore them out drinking, confusedly fumbling around to find the opening while half in the bag.

Immediately I get a chorus of "Why don't you cut an opening for them?" And "Why not just pull them down and go up and over?"

I can't stop thinking of the profound level of Bad Idea cutting a pee-hole in your underwear while wearing them, intoxicated, is.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Your Mom on October 06, 2014, 03:08:21 PM

I can't stop thinking of the profound level of Bad Idea cutting a pee-hole in your underwear while wearing them, intoxicated, is.

In their defense, they assumed it'd be from the inside out, as it's well known in my circles that my organ is both barbed and prehensile.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 06, 2014, 03:39:49 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 06, 2014, 03:08:21 PM

In their defense, they assumed it'd be from the inside out, as it's well known in my circles that my organ is both barbed and prehensile.

:lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

GODDAMNIT! Several first shift call outs... again. We've had a crew of three all morning. Gonna be hell trying to get stuff I won't have to upset folks in the hospital again. And again. It's like I can perform 100 minor miracles and only the times I can't come through get remembered.   :argh!:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm having that "pecked to death by ducks" feeling.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Somehow I have been handed the role of social organizer for my friend who is in town. One of my friends is freaking out and wants to talk to me because her 23-year-old son isn't close to her anymore. Another of my friends is messaging me because he's having conflicts with his mom. Yet another keeps trying to talk me about Ingress. My daughter is refusing to go to her father's house and is being really needy. And last night on Facebook, one of my old friends I don't really hang out with anymore accused me of playing "the race card" because I pointed out the irony of a headline about someone getting mugged in a newly-gentrified neighborhood where formerly even STABBINGS didn't make the news.

WTF, dude.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh and one of my friends just messaged me an article link and was like "There's something amusing hidden in this!" and I was like, "can you tell me what it is,  or do you actually expect me to stop what I'm doing to read it and try to figure out what's supposed to be funny?"

Seriously, jerks. The fact that you have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD is not reflective of everyone else's reality.

LMNO

Quick! Somebody offer unsolicited advice!

Have you tried rebooting your friends?

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Everything tech support does to try and fix my computer is progressively breaking it even more.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'm now doing a system restore to a previous (if still broken) state, because the last piece of advice they gave me made it so my computer wont detect my mouse.

minuspace

Just volleyed a fly on the upswing and then smashed it with my sword brush.  Ippon!

Suu

So.

As is tradition with deployments, apparently, something always breaks. My computer is  just about dead. I got permission last night to order a new one from TigerDirect, so that's on the way.

I can't determine if I want a nap or to do chores right now. Blah. Tomorrow I see the podiatrist about my ankle, and Thursday I start physical therapy. I'm glad I got a damn car, this is going to suck balls.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."