News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 12, 2012, 03:36:58 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 12, 2012, 03:36:14 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 12, 2012, 03:34:46 AM
Indeed. And I believe there are more lulz and memes that will be generated than previously anticipated.

CNN's trying to call it a draw.

Perhaps they located Ryan's head & torso after all.

What?  The hell it was.

Well, I have to admit that Ryan's got grit.  He couldn't hope to win against Biden, but he didn't collapse.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 12, 2012, 03:47:57 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 12, 2012, 03:36:58 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 12, 2012, 03:36:14 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 12, 2012, 03:34:46 AM
Indeed. And I believe there are more lulz and memes that will be generated than previously anticipated.

CNN's trying to call it a draw.

Perhaps they located Ryan's head & torso after all.

What?  The hell it was.

Well, I have to admit that Ryan's got grit.  He couldn't hope to win against Biden, but he didn't collapse.

True, it didn't seem that he did. 

He still espouses some truly awful stances, though.

I don't get why the commentators are going on about how much Biden was smiling and laughing. 

Juana

If its as bad a slaughter as you say, I'd be laughing, too. I've done it.

Guess I'll watch it tomorrow. I'm gonna drink booze tea (earl grey + southern comfort + honey = DELICIOUS) and read for school.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

The BBC is saying "Biden won on points" but his manner, smirking, condescending etc will have put off voters.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One of my new pet peeves is people who constantly share Onion articles on Facebook.

I get it. You read the Onion. You think it's funny. You know what? I totally know where to find the Onion even if you don't link to it every fucking day.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Going to sleep at 8:45 sucks ass when it means waking up at 2.

I can't even take a pill to sleep because I have to wake up again in four hours and it won't be worn off by then.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

For a good few weeks while I was at Uni, I was on Taiwan time.  I'd usually go to bed at 8pm, then wake between 2-4 in the morning.

I don't recommend it for anyone who has a schedule more difficult than "see your thesis advisor once a week, attend a seminar once a week, both in the afternoon and less than 10 minutes walk away" though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2012, 10:59:22 AM
For a good few weeks while I was at Uni, I was on Taiwan time.  I'd usually go to bed at 8pm, then wake between 2-4 in the morning.

I don't recommend it for anyone who has a schedule more difficult than "see your thesis advisor once a week, attend a seminar once a week, both in the afternoon and less than 10 minutes walk away" though.

Yeah, this is seriously no good. I have math class at 8 and an assessment at 4:30, and a raft of shit to get done in between.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am now referring to December 20, 2012 as the "Anticlimactalypse".

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

My girlfriend is jealous because of my new coworker friend that happens to be super gay.

I said that if I were to go gay, it would be with him—as a joke but also because I think he's an awesome dude. Is that so wrong? Do I really come off as that gay/bi?

I thought I had a fairly secure bond with my GF, but the level of flipping out I endured tonight is beyond the pale. I never had her pegged as the jealous type, but this seems to have struck a nerve. She identifies as not only bi, but tending toward the ladies.

Frustratingly,
Net

P.S. - Coworker friend (who has proved to be highly perceptive) decided that I'm a "1" on the Kinsey Scale, and I tend to agree.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Juana

You didn't ping my gaydar at all, so I'd say no you don't. And that sucks, man. D:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

I ran into something similar.  Think about it in terms of equality: You told your lover that someone else was attractive to you.

Let's say your new co-worker was a woman.  Would your GF want to hear you say, "If I wasn't dating you, I'd totally hit that"?

Juana

I can see that, certainly.

I think it might actually rain today. PIXIE. IT'S NOT CHILLY/DAMP YET. STAPH. COME BACK IN NOVEMBER!

Verbal Mike

It's been cold here for a couple of weeks, and today it started raining. Can't wait to get down to Israel, I can't deal with this kind of weather. :(
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Waffler on October 11, 2012, 06:04:02 PM
Also, eleven days until I go to London for another AFP gig!
Pix, would you and teh Payne want to meet up for a coffee/beer?

We probably won't be able to afford to get to London, (that and Payne haethaethaets London.) but I will check with him what he would like to do.