How I Found The Goddess and Started Making Out With Her In Public

Started by Rico Escobar, September 29, 2014, 06:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico Escobar

I pose a simple question.  Strike that. I pose a very complicated question that doesn't require much typing. 
"Why are you here?"  I don't mean here on PD, though your answer may well be related to that bit of trivia as well.  I mean to ask "If you be a babbling, starry-eyed Unique Snowflake of Eris, what sort of incomprehensible mission do you come programmed with?"
Are you active and outgoing with your madness, or do you only spurt nonsense when its productivefnord?
Do you poster bomb neighborhoods?  Do you do "performance art" in crowded places?  Would you consider yourself an "evangelical"?  Or do you prefer to just keep it simple and giggle softly while the world falls asleep with a lit cigarette next to its oxygen tank?

Maybe it's not as simple of a question as I thought.

I ask since my cabal and I are planning on launching the first of many OMGASMs upon our home town.  After years of research and observation, we have realized that there is plenty of untapped weirdness in our area that folks just don't know about.  Local history, mundane or extraordinary, fact or fiction, is still local history.  As such, our Freak Flag flies baring the image of our patron saint, a local favorite, The Lizardman of Dogtown.  With St. Lizardman as our guide, we will unearth and shamelessly display those myths and legends that border fact and fiction.  Wei're gonna make this motherfucker weird, dammit!  Because endless fields of corn are only so unsettling for so long.
As of the moment, we're currently working on producing our particular brand of propaganda in the form of flyers and "devotional materials".  We are quite fortunate in that our love for nonsense blends very well with our love for making stupid crap.  On that note, once we come up with a severed lizardman hand to march with, I'll be sure to get some pictures for you guys.

RICO ESCOBAR

President and Founder
Escobar Enterprises

LMNO

Quote from: Chapter 30 of the Chao Te ChingIf you're going to do some Covert Ops in the name of Discordia,
keep your head down, and Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut.
A mowhawk is as good as a target during Police Action.

The wise spags toss a wrench into the Machine™,
and then walk away.
They strike against Authority, but don't put it on the Internet.
They subvert the paradigm, but don't stick around to watch.
They mindfuck the people, but don't pat themselves on the back.

If two people know a thing, it is not a secret.
Getting away with it means staying away from it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 29, 2014, 06:07:14 PM
Quote from: Chapter 30 of the Chao Te ChingIf you're going to do some Covert Ops in the name of Discordia,

and then walk away.

Rico THIS here is why I'm here. They see. They GET IT. Read the stuffs and you just may too.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Rico Escobar

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 06:31:39 PM

and then walk away.

Rico THIS here is why I'm here. They see. They GET IT. Read the stuffs and you just may too.

I guess if you're saying "Don't discuss your covert actions openly", I understand what you're getting at.  If you're saying "Don't discuss ANY actions at all (presumably for the sake of surprise)" then I can get behind that as well.  But considering that we don't really plan on doing anything that requires "covert" action, I'm not too afraid of sharing my thoughts.  And as far as "mystery" goes, I would likely give anyone that asks what I'm up to the same explanation for my actions as I described above.  I exist to spread weird and have no desire or compulsion to hide it.
RICO ESCOBAR

President and Founder
Escobar Enterprises

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rico Escobar on September 29, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 06:31:39 PM

and then walk away.

I guess if you're saying "Don't discuss your covert actions openly", I understand what you're getting at.  If you're saying "Don't discuss ANY actions at all (presumably for the sake of surprise)" then I can get behind that as well.  But considering that we don't really plan on doing anything that requires "covert" action, I'm not too afraid of sharing my thoughts.  And as far as "mystery" goes, I would likely give anyone that asks what I'm up to the same explanation for my actions as I described above.  I exist to spread weird and have no desire or compulsion to hide it.

We call it the KYFMS rule.  It allows you to keep pranking anyone you choose, instead of your cell mate or the corrections officers, both of whom are famous for "not getting it".

It stands, obviously, for KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT.  If you're fucking with people for notoriety, you are in the wrong religion. 

On the other hand, if NOTHING you are doing is REMOTELY illegal, then by all means, post pics for laughs.
Molon Lube

Rico Escobar

We're all about laughs.  Don't worry.  Nobody's going to jail.
RICO ESCOBAR

President and Founder
Escobar Enterprises

Junkenstein

"Nobodies going to jail"

Aha.

Ha ha ha

HO! HO! HO!

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 29, 2014, 08:15:38 PM
"Nobodies going to jail"

Aha.

Ha ha ha

HO! HO! HO!

I

Listen to this guy, Rico.  He told me horrible truths about Heathrow Airport, all of which were true.
Molon Lube

Rico Escobar

I would believe nearly anything heinous to be said about an airport.  Especially since their customer service policy is built to make you feel like you could be raped by an employee at any moment.  When that's the treatment that the paying customers get, I could imagine what happens to everyone else.
Also, sorry if it sounds like I'm just being a stubborn jerk here.  I do get what everyone is saying.  Believe me, I'm not a wreckless person.  And in the end, I'm not much of a prankster, either covertly or openly, so I tend to avoid situations that I even suspect will end up with me in the back of a squad car. 
What I am is an artist (mostly because I just can't do much of anything else), which provides lots of opportunities and venues to be a fucking lunatic.  Frankly, I find it a rather pleasing environment to be in as you can surprise people with the various things you make and do, yet they still accept it on some level. 
RICO ESCOBAR

President and Founder
Escobar Enterprises

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rico Escobar on September 29, 2014, 08:51:11 PM
I would believe nearly anything heinous to be said about an airport.  Especially since their customer service policy is built to make you feel like you could be raped by an employee at any moment.  When that's the treatment that the paying customers get, I could imagine what happens to everyone else.
Also, sorry if it sounds like I'm just being a stubborn jerk here.  I do get what everyone is saying.  Believe me, I'm not a wreckless person.  And in the end, I'm not much of a prankster, either covertly or openly, so I tend to avoid situations that I even suspect will end up with me in the back of a squad car. 
What I am is an artist (mostly because I just can't do much of anything else), which provides lots of opportunities and venues to be a fucking lunatic.  Frankly, I find it a rather pleasing environment to be in as you can surprise people with the various things you make and do, yet they still accept it on some level.

Doesn't matter.  They're after everyone.
Molon Lube

Rico Escobar

This conversation has  given me a great idea for a piece,

Good.  Good.
RICO ESCOBAR

President and Founder
Escobar Enterprises

The Wizard Joseph

If you're looking to do somthing very strange in public, consider getting a street performers license for your local city. If you have one of these you can quickly shut down minor police harassment so long as what you're doing doesn't violate other ordinances. A Few dollars and some paperwork may save your ass, just saying.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 09:49:11 PM
If you're looking to do somthing very strange in public, consider getting a street performers license for your local city. If you have one of these you can quickly shut down minor police harassment so long as what you're doing doesn't violate other ordinances. A Few dollars and some paperwork may save your ass, just saying.

Yeah, remember when the cops arrested those guys for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial?
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2014, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on September 29, 2014, 09:49:11 PM

Yeah, remember when the cops arrested those guys for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial?

Think so.. couple years ago? Flashmob thing iirc.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl