News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Church of the New Apostate

Started by Richter, October 03, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The back is designed to slow down the rate at which people drink straight liquor, but as far as I can tell it instead serves as something to slam while you're waiting for the bartender to notice that you're ready to order again. It's like a free extra drunk nugget.

You don't have beer backs in Arizonaland?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 22, 2013, 01:09:52 AM
The back is designed to slow down the rate at which people drink straight liquor, but as far as I can tell it instead serves as something to slam while you're waiting for the bartender to notice that you're ready to order again. It's like a free extra drunk nugget.

You don't have beer backs in Arizonaland?

No, the words "free drink" are typically followed by "arrrrrg", here, and then by a long arc through the air in a short room.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Richter

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 21, 2013, 09:32:11 PM
The Whiskey Rules

1.  Shots are for po'buckers in loser bars.  You put the whiskey in a tumbler and sip at it.  You get the taste, you get the burn, and you don't get wrecked unless you're patient.

2.  Chugging whiskey should be a capital offense.  Fortunately, nature designed things so that this is largely the case.

3.  Whiskey is manly in inverse proportion to its price.  Maker's Mark is average.  Below that is chest hair, above that is guys named Trevor who somehow escaped the server room.

4.  Whiskey is not designed to be mixed or adulterated with any other substance.  This includes ice.  Whiskey neat is the only way to maintain a state of grace.  Using whiskey in mixed drinks is the road to perdition.

5.  Whiskey won't cure you, but you won't care.

6.  Rye is not whiskey, no matter who says so.  Rye is a foul concoction that is fit only for cleaning engine parts and/or consumption by Canadians, who don't know any better.

7.  You will never see a Humphrey Bogart movie in which a "chaser" is involved in any way with whiskey.  This is worth mentioning, because Humphrey Bogart is the FINAL AUTHORITY on whiskey.

8.  The only non-Bogart movie that took whiskey seriously was Inglorious Bastards.

9.  Proof of whiskey's superiority is that we won the cold war against vodka-drinking Russkis.  End of story.

10.  Whiskey makes you stupid.  Of course it makes you stupid.  If you didn't want to be stupid, you wouldn't be drinking toxic liquids in the first place.  Stop being so fucking American™ and just admit that you're hammered.

- From Tucson Wisdom as written by Doctor Howl, just prior to his death.

BRILLIANT.

1.  They make shots in weird fucking flavors.  Drinking hard liquor in a way that lets you forget you're drinking hard liquor is lying to yourself.

2.  WHEN?

3.  RAH.

4.  RAH!

5.  It's "MEDICINE".  Our language does not have a sufficiently complex comprehension of "MEDICINE".  The chinese concept of "Fortune" comes close.

6.  Refer back to the server room guy trying to prove he has chest hair.

7.  See my response to #1.  If you need to drink to forget your drank you're getting something wrong.

8.  YES.

9.  Still not sure what to use vodka for other than brewing projects.  I think it's there to keep amateurs AWAY FROM MY STUFF.

10.    RRRAAHHH!

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

"The nail that sticks up gets the tyranids."
- Ars Richteria, footnotes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

"The squeaky wheel gets rough handling to it's lugnuts with dirty power tools"
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

minuspace

"T'was gaping like a pike, barbed by winged lore"
- Overheard in reading Ars Richteria, glossolalia.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I forgot how good this thread was!

Doktor Howl

Bumping for consolidation into Ars Richteria.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The two statements, "This problem isn't going to fix itself" and "Yeah, well, it's not going anywhere" are often BOTH wrong.
Molon Lube