News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Truth?

Started by Trollax, September 01, 2004, 08:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Do you think it's an important issue or not? Obviously the australian people are unconcerned with who is telling them the truth, even though one could reasonably claim that the truth is important above and beyond policy, for a truthful leadership determines the value of it's policy by virtue of it's truthfulness.

Taken from optusnet.com.au

Horab Fibslager

people have come to accept that lying is part of a poltiican's job.

nto that governemnt's have been ever held toany level of truthfulness before democracy(or since).

i can't say that honesty andthe truth is something i would be concerend about myself when it comes tovoting, tho generally speaking otuside of war and state security i see no reason not to be truthful.

there's a thin lien between acceptable lying and outrageous dereliction of duty when it comes to government, and charismatic politics put that int eh trash, shit in it then dumped it on teh people.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Hello All,

Well I guess by now you all know that there will be an election on October 9. We can have a change of Government if everyone votes! So, if you are over 18 and not enrolled, or not sure if you're enrolled or where you should vote, or how voting works, get yourself to the following address.......

<http://www.aec.gov.au/>

Remember, it's your country, the politicians want your vote and voting seems to be one of the only ways that politicans recognise what you think, so have a go! I will not tolerate any whinging about war, Centrelink, taxes, or how annoying/ugly/stupid/sycophantic John Howard is IF YOU DO NOT VOTE.

I have included below a run down of the beliefs of the two major parties, so you can choose who you want to be your Prime Minister. I haven't included any of the minor parties, (you can check them out for yourselves if you want, but be sure to know where your preferences will be going, as you might think you are voting for the Greens, but it might work out that you are voting for the Liberals) because they will not be providing us with a Prime Minister as they will not get enough votes.

Please have at least a little read, and ignore my editorial comments in blue if you wish.

Cheers,
Fiona

What does the Liberal Party stand for ?
We are the party of initiative and enterprise.(MONEY)  We believe in the inalienable rights and freedoms of all peoples (EXCEPT REFUGEES); and we work towards a lean government that minimises interference in our daily lives; and maximises individual and private sector initiative.  We believe in government that nurtures and encourages its citizens through incentive (IF YOU ARE RICH YOU,ÄôLL GET RICHER, IF YOU ARE POOR, BUGGER OFF) rather than putting limits on people through the punishing disincentives of burdensome taxes and the stifling structures of Labor's corporate state and bureaucratic red tape.  We believe in those most basic freedoms of parliamentary democracy - the freedom of thought, worship, speech and association.(EXCEPT WE CHANGED THE LAWS TO CONTROL GROUPS OF PEOPLE MEETING IN LARGE NUMBERS) We believe in a just and humane society in which the importance of the family and the role of law and justice is maintained.(BUT ONLY HETERO FAMILIES ARE LEGALLY RECOGNISED)  We believe in equal opportunity for all Australians; and the encouragement and facilitation of wealth so that all may enjoy the highest possible standards of living, health, education and social justice. (IF YOU ARE RICH YOU,ÄôLL GET RICHER, IF YOU ARE POOR, BUGGER OFF)   We believe that, wherever possible, government should not compete with an efficient private sector; and that businesses and individuals - not government - are the true creators of wealth and employment.(SO IF THERE ARE NO JOBS ITS YOUR FAULT)  We believe in preserving Australia's natural beauty and the environment for future generations. (UNLESS OBEYING THIS BELIEF PREVENTS FREE ENTERPRISE) We believe that our nation has a constructive role to play in maintaining world peace and democracy through alliance with other free nations. (THAT,ÄôS WHY WE GOT INVOLVED IN A WAR THAT HAS NOYHING TO DO WITH US) In short, we simply believe in individual freedom and free enterprise; and if you share this belief, then ours is the Party for you <?action=5&page=2>.    
ole0.bmp
<http://www.liberal.org.au/default.cfm?action=4&page=1>

Labor's Values
Labor believes the truest measure of a good society is the care it provides for those most in need (welfare, health and education) and the opportunity it provides for every person to realise his or her full potential. Labor's commitment to a strong economy is therefore matched by its commitment to justice, fairness and equity for all.

Fairness
Labor believes that all people are created equal in their entitlement to dignity and respect, and should have an equal chance to achieve their potential. For Labor, government has a critical role in ensuring fairness by:

o ensuring equal opportunity;
         o removing unjustifiable discrimination; and
         o achieving a more equitable distribution of wealth, income and status.

Compassion
     Labor is committed to protecting and supporting those who are disadvantaged, oppressed or simply struggling to cope.
         o The Labor tradition has always been to reach out, embrace, protect and support those in need.
         o The consequences of a society characterised by high levels of inequality include poverty, crime, drug abuse, greed, envy and insecurity. Accordingly, Labor believes that all Australians have an interest in the creation of a more compassionate and egalitarian nation.

Human Rights
     Labor is committed to a just and tolerant society which fully protects the rights and freedoms of all Australians. Labor supports the rights set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international treaties to which Australia is a party. This includes:
         o the fundamental political and civil rights of everyone to freedom of conscience, expression and association, and to due process of law.
         o 'economic rights' such as, for example, access to tertiary education on the basis of merit, access to adequate health care and the right to rest and leisure including reasonable limitations on working hours and periodic holidays with pay.

Labor supports the introduction into Australian domestic law of the rights recognised and protected in the international treaties, conventions and protocols to which Australia is a party. In introducing these rights, Labor will ensure that existing rights are also protected.

Labour Rights
     Labor is committed to protecting and advancing the fundamental rights of working people to join trade unions, and to organise, collectively bargain and strike.

Responsibility
     Labor believes that rights must be accompanied by responsibilities to behave honestly, humanely and fairly. Those responsibilities must be exercised:
         o by individuals, toward each other and the community which supports them;
         o by social and economic groups and organisations, toward each other and the wider community; and
         o by governments, toward their own people, other governments and the wider international community.

Democracy
     Labor is committed to the essential democratic principle that every person should have the right to a say, directly or indirectly, in every decision that affects his or her life. That right includes:
         o democratic participation in the choice of governments;
         o the opportunity for a meaningful voice in decision making in the workplace; and
         o the opportunity for a voice in planning, the environment, the delivery of public services and similar matters.

Community
     Labor believes that the best chance for the future, for Australia and all Australians, lies in our working together for the common good.
         o Within Australia, Labor is committed to a society in which every person is able to actively and productively participate in the life of the community, and the whole community responds sensitively to individual needs.
         o Labor is committed to a community that embraces cultural diversity and reconciliation, based on mutual respect and acceptance. Genuine reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is crucial to our capacity to face the world as a united, peaceful and just nation.
         o Within the international community, Labor strongly believes that every country's national interests, including our own, are best protected and advanced by cooperation rather than confrontation and conflict.
         o Labor is committed to the strong role played by community organisations in both serving the community generally and in building a sense of community.
         o The work of these organisations is an essential part of combating alienation for vulnerable Australians.

www.labour.org.au

*********** Confidentiality and Disclaimer Statement *****************
The information in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may be subject to legal professional privilege. It is intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this
information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her
representative you are not authorised to, and must not read, copy,
distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it.

Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message
are not given or endorsed by NCC unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised officer independent of this message.

NCC has implemented anti-virus software, and whilst all care is taken,
it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the message and
any attachments are scanned for viruses prior to use.

This footnote also confirms this e-mail message has been read
electronically by an e-mail content breakdown system.

Newcastle City Council
Home Page: http://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au
E-mail: mailto:mail@ncc.nsw.gov.au

So. It gets worse. Now I'm being urged to forego using my brain and give in to a piece of poorly-concieved propaganda. Whether or not I end up voting this way is beside the point, the fact is, I've yet to hear one conclusive thing, one way or the other, in the media about the policies of any party.
*sigh* The political fate of an entire country will be decided, once more in the viper pit.

Trollax

Even more disturbing is that I can't seem to find any contact details for writing to newspapers, about finding no policy documentation on the liberal website. so after E-mailing the relevant person on the website, I sent it to the local media watchdog *crosses fingers in hoping for a shitstorm*

gnimbley

At keast the election is not about who didn't do what in Vietnam.

Trollax

Quote from: gnimbleyAt keast the election is not about who didn't do what in Vietnam.

yeah, but I'm sure if you pointed out that who didn't do what in vietnam had next to nothing to do with running the country people would look at you like you'd just called barbie a slut.

once again, a load of shit either way.

gnimbley

Barbie is a slut?

::breath freshener::

::races off::

Trollax

Quote from: gnimbleyBarbie is a slut?

::breath freshener::

::races off::

What, you're not worried about STD's?

Horab Fibslager

i will stop at nothing for your vote.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: treemonsteri will stop at nothing for your vote.

oh good. then if you can get Kira's Visa application processed within 3 weeks I'll even dance naked at the dope-smoker's part convention all night.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

oh good. then if you can get Kira's Visa application processed within 3 weeks I'll even dance naked at the dope-smoker's part convention all night.

you wlak backwards and i'll walk forwards and somewhere we will meet.

hey look ma! i'm electioneering!
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: treemonster

I'll have you know that I believe in compromise in the following way...

If you take 25% less than what you want.
I'll take 25% less than what I want

that way it's fair.

You get 25%
I get 75%

Start making calls tree-boy.

gah...

screw it. I'm voting for the Buddhists for canivorism party...

CannedLizard

Quote from: treemonster

Riot shields, voodoo economics, it's just business, cattle prods and the I.M.F.

I trust I can rely on your vote.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Dusio

truth non truth its only perceptions,everythig is a truth,everyhing is a lie.

stabag

Thats not true. The truth is the truth is nothing but a lie. But if the truth is a lie, is the lies truth just to keep the balance? Then..
Give me food!
Fnord