News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Aah, Providence...

Started by Luna, January 12, 2012, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Gotta love this city.

For those of you who have never visited our fair city, I'm here to tell you, it has its quirks.  Something here I have found entertaining is that the distance of a single block can completely change a neighborhood.  One street may be perfectly fine, I'd walk down it after dark without a second thought.  The next street over, you could get knifed for just being the wrong shade of the wrong color.

It being that the cost of gas is now such that the tank of gas I would need to get me to work and back for a week costs more than a monthly bus pass, I bus to work and back most days.  Fortunately, living in the city makes this practical, and doable with one transfer downtown.

From downtown, to get home, there are several routes I can take home which run a block or two from my place.  Bus 27 or 28 up Broadway has reasonably normal humans, with the occasional homeless guy smelling of urine and booze, screaming toddlers, and, when I'm really lucky, a couple shrieking their private problems at each other.  Taking bus 17 or 19 up Westminster can be more interesting, since the neighborhoods they run through are, to put it mildly, rougher.

The scene last night on the ride home:

There I sat, on the bus, in one of the seats facing the aisle, three teenage boys standing in front of me.  As the designers of the bus had a sick sense of humor, this put their crotches pretty much in headbutting range.  Every last one of them was wearing their pants halfway down their asses, held on by, near as I could tell, nothing but friction and the collective "dear God, I don't want to SEE" prayers of my fellow passengers. 

I was debating striking up a conversation with the young lady beside me, saying how wonderful it is that the prison culture of young gay men advertising their willingness to take it up the ass by wearing their pants at half mast has emboldened those of a like mind on the outside to adopt the fashion.  However, I realized that she was staring... and admiring...

When is that apocalypse, again?  I'll bring the marshmallows...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

:lulz:

Seriously, what is the matter with people who wear their pants like that??

Also, wasn't there this standup comedian guy (forgot his name) making jokes about this style a decade ago, shouldn't it have gotten old by now?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 12, 2012, 05:51:52 PM
:lulz:

Seriously, what is the matter with people who wear their pants like that??

Also, wasn't there this standup comedian guy (forgot his name) making jokes about this style a decade ago, shouldn't it have gotten old by now?

Yes, it should have, Trip.

Here's the funny thing. Back then their pants weren't even hanging that low in comparison to today. In 2015 we won't have hoverboards, we'll have hover pants, that just kinda float about your kneecaps without making any sort of contact with your knickers at all.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

EK WAFFLR

In that one movie by those Wayans Brothers, Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, from 1996, they made fun of that very trend.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Luna

I used to think there wasn't much less attractive than one of these mouthbreathers hitching up his pants every three steps, until one of them ajusted his pants DOWNWARD, while standing in front of my bus seat.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Luna on January 12, 2012, 06:14:18 PM
I used to think there wasn't much less attractive than one of these mouthbreathers hitching up his pants every three steps, until one of them ajusted his pants DOWNWARD, while standing in front of my bus seat.

That's when you say: "Sorry, but I don't have any dollar bills."
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Luna

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 12, 2012, 07:42:04 PM
Quote from: Luna on January 12, 2012, 06:14:18 PM

That's when you say: "Sorry, but I don't have any dollar bills."

Then drop a dollar's worth of change (out of my purse, which has been out in the cold waiting for the goddamn bus for a half hour, and so should be nicely chilled) down the front of his pants.

If I'm gonna get stabbed on the bus, I WILL get my money's worth for it.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I can't express how much I hate those low hanging pants.
Hip hop music seems to encourage it. UGH.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 13, 2012, 02:13:25 AM
I can't express how much I hate those low hanging pants.
Hip hop music seems to encourage it. UGH.

I should start doing that.  Everyone could see the forested granduer that is allegedly my asscrack.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Why do I post shit like that?  :vom:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

So I can taste my dinner TWICE

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Squid Diddimus

It's like recycling only it comes out the same end it goes in!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 13, 2012, 02:25:01 AM
It's like recycling only it comes out the same end it goes in!

And less calories!

Just wait til I tell you about this parasitic infection I picked up!

Luna