News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Post removed by poster.

Started by ~, November 02, 2010, 06:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

Post removed by poster.

Nast

I've always wanted to try Wow-Wow sauce. I imagine it's something like worcestershire?

Anyway, I have a recipe from Nanny Ogg's Cookbook, and I can post it if you'd like.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

hmmm sounds delicious, I got but two questions:

- "quarter two or three pickled cucumbers, or walnuts, and divide them into small squares, and" -- what's up with pickled cucumbers OR walnuts?? They're not really similar at all. (also I presume I can use pickled gherkin instead of cucumber)
- what's "mushroom catchup"?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Well, the mushroom ketchup varieties sound good as well, so I might try my hand at that first.

Only odd thing is that the first ketchup recipe says to strain the salted mushrooms so that only liquid remains, while the others use the entire salted mushrooms. Otherwise they seem reasonably comparable to me.

Try reading up what "ketchup" actually is supposed to be, the popular tomato ketchup is relatively new, while older varieties were made of anything. I'm not entirely clear what makes some sauce-like stuff a ketchup or not, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Krez

I have the Nanny Ogg cookbook at home also. I will try to remember to post the recipe when I get home if someone else hasn't done it by then.

Jasper

I used to have a copy of that, once upon a time.

Only ever made dried frog pills.

Jenne

:lol: @ at the Webster's definition.

Also, I woulda never THUNK of mushrooms in a ketchup, but NOW I HAVE TO MAKE IT!!! 

Thanks, BAI!  :D

Jenne

Quote from: Liam on November 05, 2010, 08:36:33 AM
We'll pop you over a bottle when the sauce making commences.

No point in making pissy little bits of fuck awesome looking sauce eh?

I tip my hat to not only your generosity but also your adventursome spirit in cullinary arts, Dear Sir.  :D