PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ALASKA on November 09, 2014, 11:25:58 PM

Forget I said anything.

Not a fucking issue.  You've been a mean-spirited son of a bitch for more than a year.  All you DO is vent.  You never say "hello", you never respond to anyone...You never do shit except bitch and moan, and when someone tries to buck you up, you go full fucking retard on them.

So, yeah, I'm gonna forget you said anything, because you NEVER DID.
Molon Lube

Salty

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 12:12:33 AM

Forget I said anything.

Not a fucking issue.  You've been a mean-spirited son of a bitch for more than a year.  All you DO is vent.  You never say "hello", you never respond to anyone...You never do shit except bitch and moan, and when someone tries to buck you up, you go full fucking retard on them.

Okay, then. Sorry I hurt your feelings again, Roger.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ALASKA on November 10, 2014, 12:15:03 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 12:12:33 AM

Forget I said anything.

Okay, then. Sorry I hurt your feelings again, Roger.

You didn't.
Molon Lube

Salty

I've been working my way out of that. Been trying everyday.

I was afraid to come back, post here and there, because I was afraid you'd do this. I really hoped you would not.

I am not the best friend to have, but I thought I'd found a way to be here. Wanted that back really badly. Wanted to contribute again.

I've been recovering from a year of abuse. If I've been a mean Bastard, sorry to any and every one.

Suu

For what it's worth, Alty. Fuck off.

I said something in attempts to at least give you a positive outlook, even if just a joke, and you shot me the fuck down. Next time, just say, "DON'T ANYONE RESPOND TO ME, BECAUSE I'M A WHINY CUNT." And I won't.

Nut up or shut up. Thanks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ALASKA on November 10, 2014, 12:20:22 AM
I've been working my way out of that. Been trying everyday.

I was afraid to come back, post here and there, because I was afraid you'd do this. I really hoped you would not.

What, not respond well to a guy who we hardly even know anymore, who shits all over someone who is acknowledging your problems in the best way she knows how...And the reason she doesn't have something better to say is that, well, what IS there to say? 

QuoteI am not the best friend to have, but I thought I'd found a way to be here. Wanted that back really badly. Wanted to contribute again.

Then do that.

QuoteI've been recovering from a year of abuse. If I've been a mean Bastard, sorry to any and every one.

Okay.
Molon Lube

Suu

Do you need someone to talk to? Seriously? I'm not even joking. I can give you my number. I don't think there's a single person on this board who hasn't gone through mountains of fucking shit, and I've also done my fair share of using this place as a sounding board after my divorce from a mentally abusive marriage, but at the same time, I recall having more respect. If you post, expect replies. If you don't get the replies you want, don't answer them. If someone takes the time to give you a reply, remember, that means that for some reason, they give a fuck. We respond to you, BECAUSE WE GIVE A FUCK. You keep this shit up, and the fucks we have to give start going away. Howl doesn't have any left, that response you gave me definitely threw a few out the window.

Now chill the fuck out.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

... I don't think It is the best idea of my life, I feel a storm brewing. Fuck it, I'm in a mood today.

<ETA While I was typing: Suu is being a biped, she is a better person than I.>

Quote from: ALASKA on November 09, 2014, 10:41:14 PM
Me: Hey, you want to get some waffles, you and the kid.

Roommate: Oh, I can't. The Mrs. took the car, it has the car seat.

Me: OK!

I then go to my van, passing the other two cars they own, each holding a spare carseat I gave them when I moved in.

I know you just want to vent but venting hasn't been helping.

Maybe, they are afraid to be honest with you?
Most people would notice someone being full of rage and would start avoiding confrontations with them.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
My daughter, with whom I have always been very close, and I have just had a major falling out.  For quite a while now, everything I have said to her in the way of advice (meaning "reality", particularly when it comes to financial things, I don't give her advice about trivial shit) is taken as a cause for offense.  AND everything that isn't advice, interestingly enough.  Tonight, it went just a little too far, and I've had enough, and I really have no urge to speak with her.  Probably won't for some time.  My wife is a little more upset than I am, I think.  She says it's regular teenage rebellion, and she's probably right.  But I am not here to be a chew toy.

But then I log on the internet and find more of the same shit from 2 other people (one here, you can't miss the thread).  So I have to assume the problem is at least partially with me.  So I guess I'll stop giving anyone advice about anything.  I also don't want to hear anyone's fucking problems...I have my own.  And as for those two other people, they are simply not on my radar anymore.  If I am not going to take that shit from my flesh and blood, I am certainly not going to take it from relative strangers.

Dok,
Not madly in love with humans today.
That is rough, you have my sympathy.

Reality sometimes has horrible timing.

In the spirit of unsolicited advice (about the situation in general, I won't presume to talk about your family):
Fuck 'em, Everyone is allowed to have their own way of helping people. If they don't want advice they shouldn't go to those who give advice.
If you walk into an electronics store really needing shoes the odds that you will leave with electronics are a lot greater than the odds that you will leave with a new pair of shoes.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 10, 2014, 12:38:15 AM

That is rough, you have my sympathy.

Thank you.

QuoteReality sometimes has horrible timing.

In the spirit of unsolicited advice (about the situation in general, I won't presume to talk about your family):
Fuck 'em, Everyone is allowed to have their own way of helping people. If they don't want advice they shouldn't go to those who give advice.
If you walk into an electronics store really needing shoes the odds that you will leave with electronics are a lot greater than the odds that you will leave with a new pair of shoes.

Well, in this case, the advice was unsolicited, in the same manner that yelling "LOOK OUT" to a person stepping into traffic is unsolicited.  She and a friend came up with an idea that SOUNDS workable (getting an apartment together), because she doesn't know exactly how much money it takes to get by.  Her grief with me was because I told her the simple facts (cost of living in Tucson is approximately 3.5 X basic rent), and then I did something unforgivable.

The situation is that her friend's family is moving a couple of hundred miles away, to a dinky fucking town in the middle of nowhere.  A shitty little desert town in which her friend will have no prospects at all.

So the unforgivable thing I did was offer to let her friend move into the spare room next to my daughter's (her friend is a nice, very funny young lady who damn near lives here anyway).

I am a tyrant of the first order.
Molon Lube

Suu

She'll get over that one when she finally moves out and has to start paying bills. Until then, you're the worst dad EVER.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 12:52:14 AM
She'll get over that one when she finally moves out and has to start paying bills. Until then, you're the worst dad EVER.

I was also horrible enough to point out that she'll be inducted into the military long before her first lease is up, which means she strands her friend, which is a pretty shitty thing to do.

At that point, the conversation ended.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

I was also horrible enough to point out that she'll be inducted into the military long before her first lease is up, which means she strands her friend, which is a pretty shitty thing to do.

Checkmate.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

Checkmate.

Yeah, well, my folks and Jenn's folks were full of "good advice" when Jenn called them (she isn't dealing with this well).  Like "take the car away until she shows some respect".  Which is what they did to me and my sibs, which just made things 8000 times worse (it's extortion to gain "respect", which is more like the mafia than parenting").

I love my ma, but the best thing to do with her advice is smile, nod, and do the exact opposite.
Molon Lube

Suu

Oy, in completely unrelated news, my friend and I just caught a well known "academic" of Roman hair stealing her work on jewelry. She made a video of a tutorial and posted it on Youtube without crediting Konstantia. I called her out on it, and had my post completely deleted. Konstantia took a passive approach, and posted links to her own tutorial, and they were never approved to be shown. Now we have screenshots.

Ruining somebody's career in 3...2...1...