News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Mediocre, but I suppose it's a start.

Started by President Television, September 27, 2011, 07:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Never mind. Nothing to see here.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

LMNO

Dude, don't do that.  If you're honest about wanting constructive criticism, we can offer it with a minimum of shit-flinging.

But if you simply delete it, you look like a craven.

"Craven"?  I've been reading too much Game of Thrones.

President Television

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 27, 2011, 03:35:47 PM
Dude, don't do that.  If you're honest about wanting constructive criticism, we can offer it with a minimum of shit-flinging.

I tried to rant, but there was no rage and it ended up just being me complaining about my own petty bullshit. So I deleted it.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Luna

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on September 27, 2011, 04:22:10 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 27, 2011, 03:35:47 PM

I tried to rant, but there was no rage and it ended up just being me complaining about my own petty bullshit. So I deleted it.

Shit, man, I posted a rant about morons on the bus, could it be more petty?

Don't try for a full blown Dok Howl rant, you'll hurt yourself.  Stretch out first, work the petty shit.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Ranting is a work in progress.  You have to start somewhere, and you're never done.

Deleting a rant because you feel it is sub-par is like never starting at the gym because the muscleheads might laugh at you.
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 27, 2011, 04:35:11 PM
Ranting is a work in progress.  You have to start somewhere, and you're never done.

Deleting a rant because you feel it is sub-par is like never starting at the gym because the muscleheads might laugh at you.

And when you scale the heights of unmitigated rage from the depths of sheer mediocrity, it looks even more awesome.

In related (though only tangenitally [sic]) news, I started randomly writing a story at work today when it was deadly quiet and boring. Me? Writing? Not with my reputation!

Salty

Hey man, I've got some embarrassing shit posted here. Just leave it up, it serves a much more valuable lesson than getting them right. You can scratch off what you should NEVER, EVER do again.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Jasper

The hardest part of writing is always looking back at how bad you used to be, but you have to be able to do that or you'll never know for sure if you've gotten any better.

President Television

You're all absolutely correct.

But I insist that the original rant simply wasn't worth reading. Nothing of value has been lost.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on September 27, 2011, 10:08:28 PM
You're all absolutely correct.

But I insist that the original rant simply wasn't worth reading. Nothing of value has been lost.

We don't know that.  We know that nothing has been gained.
Molon Lube

Luna

ProTip:  This is some of the most gentle encouragement I've seen around here.

Write something.  Post it.

Before they turn on you and eat you for teasing.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eater of Clowns

You never know what'll stick, so there's no use deleting it or even priming everyone for it to be mediocre.

I've put some shit down that I thought came out great and it just fell flat, I've put some shit down that I thought sucked and resonated with a person or two.  I've put some shit down where some throw away sentence or phrase had a more lasting effect than the point of the piece.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Not writing Faulkner the first time out?  Oh, yeah, that's HELL.
Molon Lube

President Television

I have to admit that it's a bit hilarious that this kind of pattern in my life was exactly what the rant was about.

I try something out, I wind up dissatisfied with the results, I destroy what I created, and everyone tries to encourage me to keep trying but I give up anyway.

I know it's wrong, but I still can't beat it into my own head, even when the work that I hate directly involves the pattern itself. Fuck, I'm retarded.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on September 27, 2011, 10:41:07 PM
I have to admit that it's a bit hilarious that this kind of pattern in my life was exactly what the rant was about.

I try something out, I wind up dissatisfied with the results, I destroy what I created, and everyone tries to encourage me to keep trying but I give up anyway.

I know it's wrong, but I still can't beat it into my own head, even when the work that I hate directly involves the pattern itself. Fuck, I'm retarded conditioned.

Fixed for accuracy.
Molon Lube