News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Discordia and Christianity

Started by Paiyaku, October 07, 2008, 04:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I don't see how that constitutes a troll in any way.

Verbal Mike

You mean besides the fact the same poster posted the same thing a year ago?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cain

The only people trolling here are the people self-trolling by crying about trolls all the time.

Do I really have to give the talk about trolls to you all again?  With Cram's useful introduction?  Because it seems most of you chose to ignore that lesson, especially with Janvier. 

Seems to me that maybe such a lesson didn't sink in the first time, and its time to acquaint you with it again.  Maybe with somewhat more empahsis, so that you all don't forget the minute someone doesn't act the way you expect them to.

hooplala

Or maybe some of us just don't care.  Simply because you say it doesn't make it true.

I don't buy this poster as genuine, so I stop paying attention to it.  And will stop responding to it.  Simple as that.

Maybe its a troll, maybe not, but I think it is and will treat it as such.  If I was getting worked into a frenzy over the whole thing, like when people were calling every poster "eric" or "daruko" I would consider that reaction as valid, but as it is it just comes off to me as condescending.

You don't know any better than anyone else if its troll or not. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Well if you're ignoring him, I'm clearly not talking to you, because that was the entire idea behind my little troll talk a while back.

But what's a little thing like that when you can take the cheap shot, right?  If I don't know, no-one else knows either, and I'm not the one going out of my way to try and label someone's communications as worthless and deliberately provocative on the basis of no evidence.

This poster has been called a troll for days for being a bit dim and asking questions.  Oh teh noes, not questions.  I'm almost tempted to bring some actual trolls here, just because this place clearly has no idea what an actual troll is.  And of course, you'll always get some idiots who then decide to "troll the troll", because they cannot help themselves.  And if Paikayu is a troll, then you are doing what he wants by reacting.  And if he's not, well congratulations - you've just decided to have a go at someone for no reason at all.

FFS, the fact I even have to explain this is putting my teeth on edge.  I don't know and neither does anyone else.  Asking questions is not trolling.  Being immature is not trolling.  Not understanding is not trolling.

I know my credit around here is already at a full time low, and that I can expect to be disparaged for even voicing an opinion on several subjects, but if I know nothing else, I know how to troll.  How about some of you try to listen to someone who may have some practical experience, before running your mouths and fingers off without reason?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2008, 03:15:48 PMI don't know and neither does anyone else.  Asking questions is not trolling.  Being immature is not trolling.  Not understanding is not trolling.

this.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

point well taken, Cain.

Pai, I'm still happy to answer any questions you may have.

hooplala

I didn't mean that as a shot Cain, sorry if it seemed that way. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

Cain,

My impression of Paiyaku is that he is a troll because he can get great explanations in droves and still seem to think being a Discordian is all about being cartoonishly crazy and evil, hating Xtians, and "Mindfucking" people.

I've never had much aptitude for internet trolling, I'm the first to admit; when it comes to trolling, I defer to my betters.  However my feeling of incredulity at Paiyaku's difficulty understanding what we're saying keeps me from treating him as anything but a troll.  Whether intentional or not, he has the quality of a troll to my senses.

And dude, we've never been best of amigos AFAIK, but my impression is that you're not at any forum cred deficit.  If we made a "Who here dislikes Cain?" thread, it would likely fill up with joke alts and off-topic fluff, accompanied by flaming the OP.

Vene

Quote from: Felix on October 11, 2008, 07:11:20 PM
And dude, we've never been best of amigos AFAIK, but my impression is that you're not at any forum cred deficit.  If we made a "Who here dislikes Cain?" thread, it would likely fill up with joke alts and off-topic fluff, accompanied by flaming the OP.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18064.0

Jasper

Abramelin

I agree to Cain.

I prefer to focus on the facts, and fact is this thread induced a remarkable result:

Quote from: Nigel on October 08, 2008, 10:54:33 PM
Somehow all compiled together like that, our answers seem brilliantly cohesive.

Cain

Quote from: Felix on October 11, 2008, 07:11:20 PMAnd dude, we've never been best of amigos AFAIK, but my impression is that you're not at any forum cred deficit.  If we made a "Who here dislikes Cain?" thread, it would likely fill up with joke alts and off-topic fluff, accompanied by flaming the OP.

You appear to be operating under the misapprehension that people would openly declare themselves.

I could name names, but it would only create an even bigger shitstorm, so why bother?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2008, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: Felix on October 11, 2008, 07:11:20 PMAnd dude, we've never been best of amigos AFAIK, but my impression is that you're not at any forum cred deficit.  If we made a "Who here dislikes Cain?" thread, it would likely fill up with joke alts and off-topic fluff, accompanied by flaming the OP.

You appear to be operating under the misapprehension that people would openly declare themselves.

I could name names, but it would only create an even bigger shitstorm, so why bother?

Do tell.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.