News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

SBOTD - The Long Haul.

Started by LMNO, January 02, 2007, 06:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Hey, congrats.¬† You got this far.¬† Through fair means or foul (and I,Äôm not putting anything past you, that,Äôs for goddam sure), you managed to shake off the blinders, and see the CoN, the Machine,Ñ¢, the Black Iron Prison, the light, whatever the hell you want to call it.

You woke up to a hideous truth, and you didn,Äôt run away screaming.¬† Good for you.

Now, strap yourself in, because here it comes again.¬† What, you didn,Äôt think this was a one-shot deal, did you?¬† Hell no.¬† I guess we should have told you when you signed up, but that was the easy part.¬† To be honest, who gives a crap that you shook off a little external conditioning, some social expectations, or even the illusion of patriotism?¬† I mean, really.¬† The best is yet to come.

I,Äôm sure you,Äôve been walking around the place with your chest puffed out, bragging that you know what,Äôs really going on, but guess what?¬† You,Äôre still as dumb as a sack full of hammers.¬† Only now, you,Äôre dangerous.

You see, you may have cast off the pre-conceived notions that you think society chained you with, but you still have to deal with the crap you came up with all on your own.¬† What? You think you,Äôre infallible, and that it,Äôs only the external crap that was messing you up?¬† Hell, bad ideas adhere like barnacles, and unless you scrape them off every season, it,Äôs just gonna slow you down.¬†

And yes, it,Äôs gonna hurt.¬† Because those bad ideas were like your babies.¬† You thought them up all by yourself, mommy and daddy and Mrs. Kerbopple didn,Äôt have to feed you your lines this time!¬† But guess what?¬† Your idea still sucks.¬† Which idea, you say?¬† Well, I,Äôm not gonna tell you.¬† Go back and test them yourself.¬†

And then do it again.

And again.

You get the picture.

hunter s.durden

I like this. More and more people need to see the enemy within.
How's the quote go? "Before you blow the speck out of your brothers eye remove the plank from your own." Something like that. It's in Matthew I think. Probably is. I'm always right.
This space for rent.

LMNO

Thanks.  It was inspired by the "a real initiation never ends" meme.

hunter s.durden

I was blown away by a conversation I was having this weekend. This girl said:
a. I know who I really am, and everything about myself.
b. I haven't changed in years and won't.
That bothers me. For a person to never change, they'd have to be right and perfect in every way. I find it doubtful anyone is there yet. So if you never change, you'll always be wrong. I've no room for those kind of people. Stagnant souls.

Good Quote: "You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind."
This space for rent.

LMNO

Yeah.  On New Years', I had a conversation like that.  I had to walk away.  I just didn't have the time, energy, or patience to talk that one out.

AFK

Wow, I think we're starting to have another really good publication come together.  And the year is just starting. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

That was really rousing, LMNO.  I like this one, too.  It's one of these wallops upside the head we all need from time to time.  Like every other hour or so.

LHX

man this shit right here gets full endorsement

this forum collective keeps hitting new peaks

gonna be interesting to see what comes of it
neat hell

LHX

neat hell