News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

PrintGASM

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 24, 2008, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

If you've been following the Memebomb thread then you saw that I was able to get 3 of our memebombs printed in the Indianapolis Star's Let It Out column a short time ago. Roughly 200,000 people were able to see our memebombs in print.

This got me thinking that maybe we should push this idea further. Several other papers have sections like Let It Out which is basically a low tech message board.  Other papers have sections in the classifieds where you can place non-advertisement messages very cheap (or for free).  If we want to be really adventurous we could even start writing letters to the editor on relevant issues with a couple of memebombs sprinkled in the middle.  If anyone here knows anyone in who actually works in at a newspaper we could try to convince a journalist to even slip a few phrases in. 

Anyone else have suggestions with what we can do with this?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm liking this... can't think of much right now but will stew on it and get back to this thread.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iron Sulfide

off the top o' my dome:

personals ads (i once had a friend that did this with random wanteds and personals. "looking for driver with good response time willing to idle while i make a stop at the bank. call 555-2134, ask for jack" etc...)

opinions, letters from our readers, etc. (i would suggest that people doing this pick a current event with controversy, but take a different stance from the mainstream. you have slightly higher chances of getting picked up, since they all want to seem fair and balanced.
i got a "black sheep" variant into a "quick opinion" for my local paper, re: protesters extinguishing the Olympic torch. they ask random people on the street an opinion...i happened to be on scene.)

penny savers, etc... they usually have limited-word-count free space. (this is where my friend did his wanteds) those are the ones that always have the "thanks to st. jude for prayers answered" etc...

all else fails, google your area.
Ya' stupid Yank.