News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Okey-Dokey #1

Started by Bobby Campbell, August 19, 2007, 03:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Triple Zero

link broken, this is where you should go:

http://www.ok-dk.net

hey bobby, did you write this to pick up chicks?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: triple zero on August 19, 2007, 11:54:03 AM
link broken, this is where you should go:

hey bobby, did you write this to pick up chicks?

Thanks for the link fix triple zero!  Sadly I did not write this to pick up chicks, in my folly for certain.  Girls are not as into transhuman/occult/science fiction/psychedelic comic books as they could be!

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 19, 2007, 04:19:29 PM
Quote from: triple zero on August 19, 2007, 11:54:03 AM

Bobby
did you draw this? one of the comics? ect.

Hello Thurnez,

I did most of the design art, and digitally inked the jokeland pages, but the actually story art is done by Marcelino Balao III and Todd Purse.

thanks!

Triple Zero

i really gotta read this, btw. it looks really good
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: triple zero on August 19, 2007, 06:29:03 PM
i really gotta read this, btw. it looks really good

Thanks Triple Zero, hope you enjoy it!

The Littlest Ubermensch

Just read through it. Pretty cool, but it falls prey to the ultimate pitfall of all sci fi with something of a message/philosphical intent: it hasn't gotten past the "this is really cool" stage yet. There's lots of ideas, some of which are decently interesting (if beaten to death by Discordianism), but its wrapped up in a style which makes it obvious what's trying to be done. One one hand, there's the lecturing portions loaded with words even philosphy professors fear and Aleister Crowley references (and not even the cokefiend socialite or Book of Lies style Crowley, "The Book of the Law" style Crowley.) On the other hand, overtly stylized drawing paired with a so intentionally incomprehensible storyline that it seems like an Illuminatus Trilogy book with all the substance taken out (and yeah, I'm aware the general opinion of the board is that there was no substance to it aside from hippy shit which is so obviously beneath you). In the end, it all just looks like form before function. Lots of ego masturbation (HA HA! I TOTALLY JUST GOT THAT REFERENCE! I'M GOING TO GO JACK OFF WHILE THINKING OF HOW AWESOME I AM.), but not much of any real illumination.
Although despite the lack of function, it's still some pretty cool form.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Bobby Campbell

Fair deal, Littlest Ubermensch!

I really appreciate your taking the time to read and respond, I totally understand your reaction and so far as I've got it figured, I've got you right where I want you!  Issue 2 is right around the corner, so stick w/ me and see if I'm as predictable & obvious as you now suppose.  I think alot of what you said about the book rings absolutly true, but I also think that those pitfalls get put to a purpose, and something's to come of it.  Thanks again for your time!

Bob

The Littlest Ubermensch

Then wait I shall for number two!
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Cramulus

just printed the whole thing out

will read it at some point when I find time

looks cool though!