News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Here I poop; I Can Do No Other.

Started by Doktor Howl, September 13, 2011, 07:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 08:23:30 PM
Dunno about 20 seconds.  I'm a firm believer in repetition.  On the Perry thing, for example, I just circulate "Perry:  Not Gay" images as often as I can, and bring up my "concerns" on teabagger boards, etc.

That will work.

Another interesting thing, I forgot where I read it, but if some shameful or embarrassing thing gets out, and later rectified because it plainly wasn't true, it'll still "stick" in people's minds, even now they know it wasn't true, the seed has been planted.

An extra powerful variation is misattributed quotes:
[Face of politician] + "Quoted badwrong yet believable text in a serious font" -- Name of Politician, 17 August 2010

Even if it gets rectified (and it often doesn't) how many people are going to see the rectification? And even for people that see the rectification, there's the powerful psychological effect that they have already heard the politician speak the quote in their minds and this will affect their judgement, even though they knew he didn't actually say it.

Very filthy. Very low. Very effective.

BAM

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Adios

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 15, 2011, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 08:23:30 PM
Dunno about 20 seconds.  I'm a firm believer in repetition.  On the Perry thing, for example, I just circulate "Perry:  Not Gay" images as often as I can, and bring up my "concerns" on teabagger boards, etc.

That will work.

Another interesting thing, I forgot where I read it, but if some shameful or embarrassing thing gets out, and later rectified because it plainly wasn't true, it'll still "stick" in people's minds, even now they know it wasn't true, the seed has been planted.

An extra powerful variation is misattributed quotes:
[Face of politician] + "Quoted badwrong yet believable text in a serious font" -- Name of Politician, 17 August 2010

Even if it gets rectified (and it often doesn't) how many people are going to see the rectification? And even for people that see the rectification, there's the powerful psychological effect that they have already heard the politician speak the quote in their minds and this will affect their judgement, even though they knew he didn't actually say it.

Very filthy. Very low. Very effective.

BAM

Beauteous. :mittens: Rick Fairy.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Just posted that at Capitol Grilling.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Thanks :) You guys spam it on your teabaggers boards etc okay? (ah you already did, sweet)

If you got any suggestions on the text, let me know, I just made this up on the spot and wove a nice "Dicky doth protest too much" kind of semi contradictory word tangle. Hope the double negation isn't too complicated for the target audience?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I think they just see "RICK PERRY...BUNCHA WORDS...GAY."  :lulz:

Triple Zero

can I see the thread on CG btw? or do you need an account to view it?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 15, 2011, 06:03:31 PM
can I see the thread on CG btw? or do you need an account to view it?

You can see it.

It's at capitolgrilling.com, and it's in the Rick Perry Gay thread.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Anna Mae Bollocks