News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Faust, this one's for you

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, May 30, 2015, 07:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

If I remember your age correctly, I AM you in 5 years, which is probably why I took great joy in shitting on you yesterday. I joined this shitty website when I was 17, and literally every post I made for like 3 years (excepting maybe a small handful of tolerable essays) was trash.

Trust me, you're hilarious.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 09, 2015, 02:25:15 PM
If I remember your age correctly, I AM you in 5 years, which is probably why I took great joy in shitting on you yesterday. I joined this shitty website when I was 17, and literally every post I made for like 3 years (excepting maybe a small handful of tolerable essays) was trash.

This warms my heart, because if you can identify with this guy even a little, there's hope.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

When I was around that age, a little younger actually, I read a book series with a major character who is a master manipulator, to a nearly superhuman degree (this is the Prince of Nothing series I talk about with Cain sometimes). The character is the prodigy of a monastic cult of hyper-rationalists who live isolated from a word that is full of fanatical, medieval Europe style religion. He can read faces and body language, predict the movement of people's thoughts, and figure out what makes them tick within the span of a single conversation. He is, of course, an absurdly effective character who gets an improbable amount of shit done.

Upon a second re-read a few years later, I put it together that this character is NOT the Good Guy. There's always hope for progress.

POFP

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 09, 2015, 02:25:15 PM

Well, shit. I can die now. My dream was to give up manipulation to be a comedian, but I never thought I'd be funny. But, since I'm hilarious  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Rev Thwack

Seriously, the thought that what you were trying to describe is just you not remembering exactly how things with AES and hashing works.... Fucking hilarious.
My balls itch...

POFP

Yeah, I'm still working on the "Very preachy, even when uninformed" aspect of my problems. At least you guys point it out to make me more aware.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Pæs

While we're at it, you also misunderstand prefacing.

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 01, 2015, 10:34:05 PM
It just so happens the government uses AES a lot, so I would use that with [as random as you can make them] salts and seeds, as well as making sure the key is as random as you can make it, while also making it long enough for a hash cracker to be useless. As far as I know, if you can get ahold of a hash of a small enough key, you can just bruteforce the hash and get the key easily. But, because the size of any hash is cut off, only part of the key could even be recovered if you got ahold of a hash for a very long key. Or, it would be a useless chain of characters, depending on whether length had anything to do with the hash encryption algorithm. I forget exactly how that works.

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on June 09, 2015, 11:50:08 PM
While we're at it, you also misunderstand prefacing.

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 01, 2015, 10:34:05 PM
It just so happens the government uses AES a lot, so I would use that with [as random as you can make them] salts and seeds, as well as making sure the key is as random as you can make it, while also making it long enough for a hash cracker to be useless. As far as I know, if you can get ahold of a hash of a small enough key, you can just bruteforce the hash and get the key easily. But, because the size of any hash is cut off, only part of the key could even be recovered if you got ahold of a hash for a very long key. Or, it would be a useless chain of characters, depending on whether length had anything to do with the hash encryption algorithm. I forget exactly how that works.

:lulz: FUCK

Ok, so, what I did was, I clarified my level of understanding (or lack there of) at the end.

This was not my greatest piece, I'll admit. In-fact, it was, as Cainad said, "trash."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 09, 2015, 08:07:00 PM
Seriously, the thought that what you were trying to describe is just you not remembering exactly how things with AES and hashing works.... Fucking hilarious.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."