Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 20, 2011, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on April 20, 2011, 09:18:15 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 20, 2011, 03:58:02 PM
Quote from: Khara on April 20, 2011, 03:55:47 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 20, 2011, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on April 20, 2011, 03:52:10 PM
Blame the Spice Girls.  They started it all.

Nope.  I blame parents who can't tell their girls to put on some goddamn pants.

They should never have bought the shit to begin with! 

Yup.  Hell, refuse to buy girl clothes, put 'em in T-shirts and boys' jeans, if you have to.

My solution was to buy a lot of vintage dresses with ruffles and crinoline and shit like that, because my girls REALLY wanted to dress like girls and would have spent a lot of time resenting me if I hadn't let them.

I've probably told this story but..... one of my favorite memories is of my little tomboy in her cinderella dress, barefoot and at the top of a tree calling out for me to come see her... 

I dressed Joy as girly as I could until she outright rebelled.  Now it's capris and jeans with vintage t's and sneaks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LOL my girls just walked in, both dressed head-to-toe in hot pink.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I may not dress like a girl all time (never did, but mom was also a tomboy, and never forced it on us), but I know I am one, and I can pull it off damn fucking good too.

-Suu
Hair is done.
Nails are done.
New mascara and eyeliner.
Who looks hot as hell?
Who's getting laid this weekend?
Me.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Khara on April 20, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 20, 2011, 06:36:05 AM
AGHAGHAGHAGHAGH I'm glad CNN is publishing that guy's opinion. Because sexualizing little kids is fucking sick, and as a parent, it's getting increasingly hard to find clothes for little kids that doesn't look like Stripper Training Club.

I agree, Joy is 11 but she's in women's clothes, hell she's taller than me.  I've had an easier time finding non-slutty clothes for her since she's grown than when she was smaller.

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 20, 2011, 07:03:10 AM

I don't have any trouble, but the Midwest tends to be a few years behind the West coast as far as fashion trends go.

I agree that sexy clothes for kids is fucked up, and the parents that dress their kids in it are doing something really wrong.

No clue where you are shopping but in St. Louis, the trend is ghetto slutty everywhere for little girls.

I'm in Ohio.

I've seen a little of it, but not much.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Yup.  Hell, refuse to buy girl clothes, put 'em in T-shirts and boys' jeans, if you have to.

Females don't get hips and bust and whatnot until puberty anyways, so boys clothes are going to fit just as well.

-Dok Howl

Succulent Plant

Quote from: Khara on April 20, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 20, 2011, 06:36:05 AM
AGHAGHAGHAGHAGH I'm glad CNN is publishing that guy's opinion. Because sexualizing little kids is fucking sick, and as a parent, it's getting increasingly hard to find clothes for little kids that doesn't look like Stripper Training Club.

I agree, Joy is 11 but she's in women's clothes, hell she's taller than me.  I've had an easier time finding non-slutty clothes for her since she's grown than when she was smaller.

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 20, 2011, 07:03:10 AM

I don't have any trouble, but the Midwest tends to be a few years behind the West coast as far as fashion trends go.

I agree that sexy clothes for kids is fucked up, and the parents that dress their kids in it are doing something really wrong.

No clue where you are shopping but in St. Louis, the trend is ghetto slutty everywhere for little girls.

I live in a small town but am in St. Louis once a month, and I've noticed that too.  My daughter forgot her bag once and we had to go shopping for her, ended up going to the dollar store and getting her some gender neutral sweatpants and a tshirt. lol

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2011, 02:06:39 AM

Females don't get hips and bust and whatnot until puberty anyways, so boys clothes are going to fit just as well.

I preferred to wear boy's clothes, but girls who don't might object pretty strenuously to being made to. Mine have opinions on shit like that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2011, 02:57:43 AM

I preferred to wear boy's clothes, but girls who don't might object pretty strenuously to being made to. Mine have opinions on shit like that.

True enough.  I suppose I'm just lucky that the dress your kid like a slut trend hasn't really hit here yet and probably won't before my kid is tall enough to wear women's clothes.

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2011, 03:04:34 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2011, 02:57:43 AM

True enough.  I suppose I'm just lucky that the dress your kid like a slut trend hasn't really hit here yet and probably won't before my kid is tall enough to wear women's clothes.

There are places you can shop to buy cute, non-slutty clothes... or, as I do, have the girls layer, because a lot of those dresses are not so bad over leggings and a shirt.

Telarus

My sister Gia, my cousin Mary, and their friends started a clothing company in Hawaii called TomBomb (Tombboy + Bombshell):
http://www.tombombhawaii.com/

I think it's a great Meme.

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 22, 2011, 01:46:15 AM
I may not dress like a girl all time (never did, but mom was also a tomboy, and never forced it on us), but I know I am one, and I can pull it off damn fucking good too.

-Suu
Hair is done.
Nails are done.
Who looks hot as hell?
Me.

Pics or  :argh!:  :cry:

lol
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

Quote from: Telarus on April 22, 2011, 04:24:18 AM
My sister Gia, my cousin Mary, and their friends started a clothing company in Hawaii called TomBomb (Tombboy + Bombshell):
http://www.tombombhawaii.com/

I think it's a great Meme.

-Suu
Hair is done.
Nails are done.
Who looks hot as hell?
Me.

Pics or  :argh!:  :cry:

lol

I have the mascara on, but I don't think you can tell. It's about to come off anyway.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

-Suu
Hair is done.
Nails are done.
Who looks hot as hell?
Me.

For the last time, I'M MARRIED.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 22, 2011, 11:32:37 PM

-Suu
Hair is done.
Nails are done.
Who looks hot as hell?
Me.

For the last time, I'M MARRIED.

:lol: