News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

The Company Loves Me. The Have Sent Me a Friend.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 10, 2014, 03:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2014, 11:32:56 PM
Require him to wear a uniform.

Red shirt, MR EXPENDABLE written on the back.

I AM NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER written on the front.

I do like that. A lot. He does sound like he's suffering a bit from the idea that he's the protagonist, even though he's just a random event that happened briefly on a speck somewhere in this particular universe.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Ask his opinion on an issue.

If opinion without asking for all the data, gently explain exactly why and how doing things his way would cause "X" casualties, and why.

Repeat until he learns that the world does not conform to textbook conditions.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2014, 11:28:14 PM
Structure his lessons with The TGRR Rules, Adages, and Redman-esque Advice for Humans.

Stage some kind of evacuation (or scenario less likely to freak everyone else the fuck out) and don't tell him about it. When he comes outside in a panic, explain calmly that "Lots of shit happens that you aren't told about."

That gives me an idea.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 07:54:53 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 10, 2014, 06:55:01 PM
I'm starting to think one of the most effective things a Morale Officer can do is create real morale.  Not "Ice Cream Wednesdays," or "there's donuts in the break room," but to ruminate and generate behaviors and attitues and practices that honestly make the workplace a better place to be.

That's really hard to do, sometimes.

No, it's not that hard.  You pay people what they're worth, you don't make them miserable to show how big your johnson is, and you use a lot of discretion when discipline cases come up.  Also, you give them the credit when they have a good idea.  I'm wasn't hired to have good ideas, I was hired to hire people that have good ideas.  You reward team players and sanction lone wolves.

There is no need for misery at the workplace.  In fact, it's counterproductive.

This shouldn't be rocket science.

A happy worker is a busy worker. 10 cents of tartar sauce for lunch will increase productivity by 100%.

Ben Shapiro

Cainad (dec.)

You said that his "office" is a desk up against a wall in a giant training room, yes?

A Morale Officer needs to be able to adapt to a changing work environment. Move his desk about the room every once in a while. Maybe dead center one day, maybe facing the door from the back of the room another day, and facing a corner the next week. Not every day, just every once in a while.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 11, 2014, 02:04:10 AM
You said that his "office" is a desk up against a wall in a giant training room, yes?

A Morale Officer needs to be able to adapt to a changing work environment. Move his desk about the room every once in a while. Maybe dead center one day, maybe facing the door from the back of the room another day, and facing a corner the next week. Not every day, just every once in a while.

YES.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Two words - Dunning Kruger.

I don't think you need any direction in how to apply that.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

This may also be useful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

QuoteAcademic ability and job performance[edit]
In a survey of faculty at the University of Nebraska, 68% rated themselves in the top 25% for teaching ability.[14]

In a similar survey, 87% of MBA students at Stanford University rated their academic performance as above the median.[15]

Findings of illusory superiority in research have also explained phenomena such as the large amount of stock market trading (as each trader thinks they are the best, and most likely to succeed),[16] and the number of lawsuits that go to trial (because, due to illusory superiority, many lawyers have an inflated belief that they will win a case)

QuoteSelf, friends and peers[edit]
One of the first studies that found the effect of illusory superiority was carried out in 1976 by the College Board in the USA.[18] A survey was attached to the SAT exams (taken by approximately one million students per year), asking the students to rate themselves relative to the median of the sample (rather than the average peer) on a number of vague positive characteristics. In ratings of leadership ability, 70% of the students put themselves above the median. In ability to get on well with others, 85% put themselves above the median, and 25% rated themselves in the top 1%.

Again, I'm sure I don't need to tell you what to do with this.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

No real interaction with him yet today, but I pleased to report that my guys have gone whole hog on this.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2014, 03:13:15 PM
No real interaction with him yet today, but I pleased to report that my guys have gone whole hog on this.

Did he go out of his way to make friends with them all based on your advice?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on June 11, 2014, 03:17:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2014, 03:13:15 PM

Did he go out of his way to make friends with them all based on your advice?

Naw.  They just decided to get all weird whenever he's around.

Nephew Twiddleton

Is he avoiding you?

You said that you and he would get to work today. Maybe he's afraid of what that entails, based on his experience in Tucson thus far.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
Is he avoiding you?

You said that you and he would get to work today. Maybe he's afraid of what that entails, based on his experience in Tucson thus far.

No, but I put him to work doing actual stuff.  I shall fuck with him at lunch time.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2014, 03:44:50 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 11, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
Is he avoiding you?

No, but I put him to work doing actual stuff.  I shall fuck with him at lunch time.

The calm before the storm.