News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Started by Brotep, January 11, 2010, 07:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues (may contain spoilers)

Watch out, PD.  Apparently this movie is so depressing it will not only cause you to contemplate suicide--it will make you start another thread about it.  Thank god we have CNN to warn us about these things.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Didn't the American right also spazz out about Avatar because of the way it contradicted Christian teachings and promoted pantheism or something.

Because as we know, Gigli was so fucking Christian it practically shat Virgin Mary statues.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

Sorry for the Law of Fives intrusion, carry on.

edit: gosh darn rassum-frassum hotlinking failure

NotPublished

The blue things were strangely erotic
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Nast

GAAAAAHHH

Separation anxiety? I mean, really people, really?

Goddammit.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

-Kel-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Brotep on January 11, 2010, 07:28:26 PM
Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues (may contain spoilers)

Watch out, PD.  Apparently this movie is so depressing it will not only cause you to contemplate suicide--it will make you start another thread about it.  Thank god we have CNN to warn us about these things.

Oh, THAT makes me feel better about existing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Xooxe

That scarily reminded me of a short animated film called More which was about selling an escape from reality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8aFxk0aUuU

NotPublished

I'm surep people will get over it, sometimes when you go to a major event-thing you feel all high and happy, but when your out of it you just feel like your lacking and can't replicate the feeling.

Just like Defqon

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: NotPublished on January 11, 2010, 09:23:13 PM

punch yourself hard in the nuts, twice, and repeat the following phrase: I am NOT a furry. I am NOT a furry. I am NOT a furry.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

I hope to christ that every citizen becoming depressed after separation anxiety from this movie DOES kill themselves.  Why does eugenics get such a bad rap?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Brotep

Quote from: NotPublished on January 11, 2010, 10:12:33 PM
I'm surep people will get over it, sometimes when you go to a major event-thing you feel all high and happy, but when your out of it you just feel like your lacking and can't replicate the feeling.

Just like Defqon

NO I WILL NEVAR GET OVER IT

NEVAR   :cry:  :argh!:  :cry:

Quote from: Hoopla on January 11, 2010, 10:17:54 PM
I hope to christ that every citizen becoming depressed after separation anxiety from this movie DOES kill themselves.  Why does eugenics get such a bad rap?
Jewish propaganda.

NotPublished

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 11, 2010, 10:17:37 PM
Quote from: NotPublished on January 11, 2010, 09:23:13 PM

punch yourself hard in the nuts, twice, and repeat the following phrase: I am NOT a furry. I am NOT a furry. I am NOT a furry.

I need someone to hold my hand... I'm scared...   :cry:

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Naked giant smurfs with fetal alcohol syndrome aside, the movie wasn't bad and the 3D was pretty kickass.