Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

I'm (still) a Discordian because...

Started by Eater of Clowns, July 05, 2012, 08:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2012, 09:02:10 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 05, 2012, 09:00:50 PM
because Roger bought the rights to my name out from under me at a back alley auction.

I didn't want to...But Nigel said if I didn't get her those rights, she'd pull my spine out through my urethra.

She must have been in a good mood.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2012, 09:06:50 PM
I'm still a Discordian so that I have something to do other than blather my opinion about something I saw on the news that nobody will even remember two weeks from now.  I think it SUCKS!  Or it's HILARIOUS!  I just make sure I HAVE an opinion about every flash in the pan like every other dumbass and then post it on the internet so everyone will know what it is.  And I make sure it's sarcastic or ironic so people will know I am cool.  Especially if it's a "tragedy," then I say it was a conspiracy and then everybody knows I am also hip.

That celebrity died. Ha ha!
That plane crashed. Ha ha!
That politician said something. What an asshole! Ha ha!
That disaster happened. It's a conspiracy! Ha ha!

See?  Tiresome.  That's why I'm a Discordian.

Makes sense.

Freeky

I am not precisely a discordian, because discord will take care of itself and I'm not very good at it besides, but if I were a discordian I would be one because I don't have to be one and still be accepted.

SO THERE, YOU BASTARDS. 

tyrannosaurus vex

...because in a world full of people asking what the meaning of life is, somebody's got to know the answer!
...because I enjoy helping the less fortunate.
...because what the hell ELSE is there to be? Hare Krishna? Fuck.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

...because that Groucho Marx gag was REALLY funny, and I'm richer for it.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Lenin McCarthy

...because, at parties, when the discussion turns to religion and people are mostly atheists or "Christian, maybe, sort of", perhaps the odd Pastafarian, I can say I'm Discordian and provoke a wide range of different reactions.

tyrannosaurus vex

...because MysticWicks converted me.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Salty

...my head will explode if I have to keep all that rotten shit to myself.

...I still miss the community that Jesus Juice has to offer and this is the closest I can get, and it's pretty rad.

...none of the other religions will let me in anymore.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

AFK

...I took a wrong turn at Albuquereque.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Eater of Clowns

...Cain's goons have strongarmed me into staying one.

...someone's going to need to do something when the Nessies come, even if it's laugh.

...I came out the other side.

...I'm legally obligated to act as one of Cain's goons after signing an air tight contract.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Johnny

... atheism is for whiny drama-queen bitches.

... nobody seems to know what agnosticism is.

... there's no other religion which worships a vindictive troll goddess.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

CarvedWood

It was all a joke.  In real life, I'm not this way.  I'm some other way.  I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

And that would be my individual apology.  I would apologize for US but I'm not sure if there is an US that's larger than just ME in this regard.  I'm not even so sure YOU are or are not at least partially any of THEM.

But if you are one of THEM to whom I am apologizing, I'm truly sorry.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

... because I've been happily eating beaver asses for a decade and not knowing it.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 05, 2012, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2012, 09:02:10 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 05, 2012, 09:00:50 PM
because Roger bought the rights to my name out from under me at a back alley auction.

I didn't want to...But Nigel said if I didn't get her those rights, she'd pull my spine out through my urethra.

She must have been in a good mood.

Yeah, she normally doesn't give warnings.

AND THAT'S HOW WE GET BONELESS CHICKEN, KIDS
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2012, 09:06:50 PM
I'm still a Discordian so that I have something to do other than blather my opinion about something I saw on the news that nobody will even remember two weeks from now.  I think it SUCKS!  Or it's HILARIOUS!  I just make sure I HAVE an opinion about every flash in the pan like every other dumbass and then post it on the internet so everyone will know what it is.  And I make sure it's sarcastic or ironic so people will know I am cool.  Especially if it's a "tragedy," then I say it was a conspiracy and then everybody knows I am also hip.

That celebrity died. Ha ha!
That plane crashed. Ha ha!
That politician said something. What an asshole! Ha ha!
That disaster happened. It's a conspiracy! Ha ha!

See?  Tiresome.  That's why I'm a Discordian.

I'm still a Discordian because I post on PD!