Main Menu

Um. I don't. How...WTF WTF

Started by Doktor Howl, November 12, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Shit, you found it.

I've been looking for that, as it was a picmeme a few days ago, but when I google-fu'd it, nothing came back.

Can you verify that source?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Foodbabe is a fucking blithering MORON. She exists in the same category as Jenny McCarthy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pet peeve: I loved that first article right up until I got to this fallacy:

QuoteThe basic fact is that the wheat, barley, and other grains used to make beer have been constantly genetically modified over many centuries through selective breeding, as has nearly every plant commonly farmed by humans for consumption. Ditto the very yeast used to ferment the grain products into beer. Indeed, there are many different strains of yeast maintained by many different laboratories, often with the help of scientists. Indeed, yeast are quite adept at swapping genes quite promiscuously; so in the wild yeast is constantly being "genetically engineered."

People who can't tell the difference between laboratory recombinant DNA techniques, selective breeding, and lateral gene transfer in yeast and bacteria, need to STFU about it. It weakens an otherwise perfectly sound argument. No, neither selective breeding and hybridization, nor wild-type transposon transfer, are the same thing as recombinant DNA manipulation in the lab.