News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 29, 2011, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 07:04:43 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 29, 2011, 07:03:40 PM
Heh, this is from the next town over.

I see God has finally gotten around to chastising you lowlanders.

This area's catholic roots are strong, Dok, they NEED to be chastised or they just go on blathering about imaginary persecution.

Well, sure.  They have to distract themselves from their omnipresent feelings of guilt somehow.

Distracted my ass.  This shit VALIDATES their feelings of guilt.  God is PUNISHING them, see?  They MUST have done something awful.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BadBeast

Quote from: Luna on August 29, 2011, 07:15:45 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 29, 2011, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 07:04:43 PM

I see God has finally gotten around to chastising you lowlanders.

This area's catholic roots are strong, Dok, they NEED to be chastised or they just go on blathering about imaginary persecution.

Well, sure.  They have to distract themselves from their omnipresent feelings of guilt somehow.

Distracted my ass.  This shit VALIDATES their feelings of guilt.  God is PUNISHING them, see?  They MUST have done something awful.
Or they are about to. (Again)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

Al-Jazeera has been mocking the American media reaction to the not-hurricane all evening today.

Suu

Mattapoisett?

Fall River?

For fuck's sake let that be Fall River...ALL OF IT.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Cain on August 29, 2011, 08:30:21 PM
Al-Jazeera has been mocking the American media reaction to the not-hurricane all evening today.

I think Vermont may have a different perspective on it being a hurricane or not.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

:lulz: any links?

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on August 29, 2011, 08:40:06 PM

:lulz: any links?

No, it was on the tv broadcast, from about 14:00 east coast time.

AFK

It wasn't as bad as the hype machine made it out to be, on a broad perspective.

But for those whom it was bad, it was bad, and it sucked, and it still sucks. 

The locals tend to cover it better, because they seem to actually cover it from a perspective to inform.

The Weather Channel covers it from a perspective to entertain and to sell ad slots. 

The Weather Channel used to be a good network.  Back when it was boring and it was just people standing in front of green screens, giving you the forecast, playing a little smooth jazz while you watch your own local forecast, and that was it.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 29, 2011, 08:33:38 PM

Mattapoisett?

Fall River?

For fuck's sake let that be Fall River...ALL OF IT.

There are a number of people in Fall River I'd rather not see washed away.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on August 29, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

The locals tend to cover it better, because they seem to actually cover it from a perspective to inform.

The Weather Channel covers it from a perspective to entertain and to sell ad slots. 

The Weather Channel used to be a good network.  Back when it was boring and it was just people standing in front of green screens, giving you the forecast, playing a little smooth jazz while you watch your own local forecast, and that was it.

When we were out in VA the week before last, I noticed it was quite icky as a channel.  When it did it get all slick and disgusting like that?

Twas NOT TWC of yesteryear, fo sho.

Adios

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on August 29, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

CNN was just as bad.

Adios

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 29, 2011, 08:34:55 PM

I think Vermont may have a different perspective on it being a hurricane or not.

Yeah, their coastline was so destroyed it's not even there anymore.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pancho on August 29, 2011, 09:32:19 PM

:lulz: :argh!:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pancho on August 29, 2011, 09:32:19 PM

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Eve

Quote from: Nigel on August 29, 2011, 04:18:38 PM
FFS, on the bead lady forum someone posted a link to a covered bridge in Vermont getting washed out and people are all "I'm crying - that's so tragic!" and I'm thinking IT'S A GODDAMN BRIDGE. It's not like anyone was on it.

To be fair, historic covered bridges are a big thing for the more traditional of New Englanders. How will they make more Greetings From New England postcards without the covered bridges?
Emotionally crippled narcissist.