News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Possibly the stupidest argument I've ever seen

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 19, 2015, 05:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This actually makes the admins of that anarchist cat group look like geniuses. Watch this, and despair for the future of humanity, for all is lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXOUCP518g#t=437
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

These people make more money in a week than the entire population of this board will make in the span of our entire lives.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

I have friends who are teachers who, on occasion, post images such as this on Facebook:

When the sad truth is, "swag" is arguably more valuable than a degree in our society. How many people are there out there with Master's degrees making $12/hr or less with student loan debts at or near the six digits range?
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on January 19, 2015, 06:09:37 PM
I have friends who are teachers who, on occasion, post images such as this on Facebook:

When the sad truth is, "swag" is arguably more valuable than a degree in our society. How many people are there out there with Master's degrees making $12/hr or less with student loan debts at or near the six digits range?

It's not the swag that's valuable. It's being born into a family with money that's valuable. The main determinant of your economic status is still the economic status of your parents, no matter how you slice it.

No matter how well you do in school, you're unlikely to move too far from where your parents landed, economically speaking. The  primary exception to this is downward mobility; people are now more likely to slide into an economic status below their parents, especially people in the middle and upper-middle class.

But none of this really has much to do with the fact that there are at least two people in America who have no fucking idea what a moon is.

Bruno

Confusing the difference between "moon" and "planet" is bad, but not quite throwing-up-in-my-mouth-a-little bad. Someone not understanding the difference between a moon and a star just makes me want to drink bleach.   :ahhh: :punchballs: :hanging: , etc...

The relative success of people who couldn't tell the difference between a proton and a quadratic equation is something that gives me a more or less permanent eye twitch.

roy howard

This is without a doubt the most ridiculous thing(well,one of them),that I've ever heard or seen.It's just re-goddamn diculous.Seriously,it's stupid.

Cain

To be fair, these presenters are paid to essentially fill the vacuum of programming with their vapours of bullshit.  Often they're locked in a studio for 6 plus hours, forced to fill what is essentially half an hours worth of actual programming.  And so they going fucking nuts, seizing on any possible way to lengthen out some kind of conversation, no matter how inane.

It's kinda like party political broadcasts for consumerism

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Bruno

Making the customer feel smart has got to have some positive influence on sales.

Maybe even the act of acting stupid, whether they are faking it or not, convinces some people that they, by way of their obvious intellectual superiority, are getting a better deal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2015, 09:40:56 PM
To be fair, these presenters are paid to essentially fill the vacuum of programming with their vapours of bullshit.  Often they're locked in a studio for 6 plus hours, forced to fill what is essentially half an hours worth of actual programming.  And so they going fucking nuts, seizing on any possible way to lengthen out some kind of conversation, no matter how inane.

It's kinda like party political broadcasts for consumerism

Isaac Mizrahi is not just a presenter, he's a wildly successful fashion designer. Which makes me wonder what the fuck he's doing on QVC.

But other than that, yeah, you have a point. I am just boggling my ass off over here at the concept of ADULTS not understanding the difference between a moon, a star, and a planet.

Also those are the ugliest fucking sweaters.

Cain

Hey now, all he has to do is know whether the moon is in or out this season, not what it actually is.  It's not like there is even a Moon Fashion Week.

Also QVC does seem to bring on some quite well known designers, nowadays.  It does also seem to be a pre-requisite that their stuff is ugly as sin, however

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2015, 11:41:40 PM
Hey now, all he has to do is know whether the moon is in or out this season, not what it actually is.  It's not like there is even a Moon Fashion Week.

Also QVC does seem to bring on some quite well known designers, nowadays.  It does also seem to be a pre-requisite that their stuff is ugly as sin, however

:lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

I tried to watch and realized that it was eating up my data. I didn't get to amateur astronomy lulz, but these are what I retained of the first couple minutes.

It's not a totally floral floral.

The new key lime one is so amahzing, it's amahzing.

Only 3 easy payments of 18 and 1/2 dollars... for a dye sublimated pallette swapped p.o.s.

The emerald one is actually more of a sea foam...

I can't stand the dude on the left (the designer I think that was mentioned) searching for words like he's participating in a philosophical salon... I'm out, fuck the cardigans and possible lulz.

I did see an add, on FB I think, a couple days ago about 'is the moon actually a star or a planet, the answer could change your life" or something. I just can't justify trying to figure it out.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 20, 2015, 03:52:28 AM
I tried to watch and realized that it was eating up my data. I didn't get to amateur astronomy lulz, but these are what I retained of the first couple minutes.

It's not a totally floral floral.

The new key lime one is so amahzing, it's amahzing.

Only 3 easy payments of 18 and 1/2 dollars... for a dye sublimated pallette swapped p.o.s.

The emerald one is actually more of a sea foam...

I can't stand the dude on the left (the designer I think that was mentioned) searching for words like he's participating in a philosophical salon... I'm out, fuck the cardigans and possible lulz.

I did see an add, on FB I think, a couple days ago about 'is the moon actually a star or a planet, the answer could change your life" or something. I just can't justify trying to figure it out.

Sounds like it didn't jump to the time, like it was supposed to. The hilarity begins at 7:20.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The best part about listening to this is that these people sound like what it would be like if dogs could talk. I'm sorry, I'm an asshole, I swear, but if you listen to them they seriously sound like a different, stupider species.