News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Trip two: Paranoia is more scientific than Socrates

Started by Trollax, September 05, 2003, 11:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Scientific argument is circular, paranoia make leaps, leaps that are made outside of itself to external stimulii, this is a linear progression. Neophobic behaviour tells us that true scientific thought is internally consistent, this is a phallusy... delusions are internally consistent reality is not. Progression of knowledge relies not solely on past principles but also the interpretation and reiternation of new ideas to alter the framework of a thought or school of thought thus gradually altering its structure... this is referred to in certain circles as evolution. Overlapping one's trips causes one to trip on overlaps, tripping within trips, this is called creativity, ideas formed from ideas because they are not internally consistent logical progressions but because they are incomplete externalised notions. Ideas are simply projections onto the world of a generalised metastable chaotic process, why should they be internally cconsistent when they are maps of maps of maps of maps of maps of maps of maps of maps of maps of maps?
Scientific method tells us all A's are B's All B's are C's and therefore all C's are A's... so too does a paranoid schizophrenic reason... bad things come in mail, mail is bad, all mailmen are evil... Internally consistent equals hard to disprove provided it is both general and moot enough as a point. Science tells us that structure of argument is more important than content, yet content determines our perception of structure, the two are implicit within each other, all logical arguments are delusions, the only delusion being that there are no delusions in logic. Logic is totally illogical said the ballpoint sage. I appear to be a verb said R. Buckminster Fuller. I am a bacward-masked robotic verb whose essence is a vial of concentrated weapons-grade orange-juice sait St. Trollax. Science aims to reduce all phenomena down to sentences that cannot be challenged, in so doing science seeks to stifle questions, science seeks internal consistency in the same way a paranoic uses circular justification. I am sane, they are trying to restrain me, they wouldn't restrain me if they weren't bad. Science is insane because it fails to relaise that it is contained entirely of verbs. The language of the universe is linear and non-euclidian neophilic behaviour leads to the building of ideas that can still be adapted... language that is unclear and indistinct leads to ideas... the imposition of order leads to the escalation of chaos, the more rigid the heirarchy the greater potential for the ambiguous eyes of an outsider to see unseen patterns. Here is not gone, just misplaced. It is indeed, for we have forgotten how to be here and consequently how to be there as well, we are nowhere thinking we are everywhere, yet we must be everywhere and think that we are nowhere, the opposite of a circle is a line. I appear to be a verb. Spirals of thought are merely concessions to the easily satisfied. do you believe any of thise? what happens when we concentrate the neophobes? I am a vial of concentrated weapons-grade orange juice...

~Trippy Trollax~

Trollax

Addenendum:
I am still disconnected. I have no mind to fuck because I don't mind being fucked. the one without sin is the one without fear, the one without fear siezes the future, the one who siezes the future embraces their humanity..... the sage, the master, the saint, the goddam spacemoose!

Anonymous

Trollax

I don't see why not?
What's stopping you? The neutrino blaster horns? It's gotta be the neutrino blaster horns...

putz

BUMPPAGE!!!!!!

eeeyEYE'yyeEYeyEYyeeyeYEeyaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!
You really are children here I cant believe it???

The Littlest Ubermensch

Reading this whilst listening to techno has made me question the levels of LSD in our local water supply.

potd
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Jasper

Triple Zero

Quote from: Trollax on September 05, 2003, 11:41:16 AMScientific method tells us all A's are B's All B's are C's and therefore all C's are A's... so too does a paranoid schizophrenic reason... bad things come in mail, mail is bad, all mailmen are evil... Internally consistent equals hard to disprove provided it is both general and moot enough as a point.

i feel my post in the "random links" thread is kind of appropriate here:

Quote from: triple zero on August 28, 2006, 12:00:45 PM
Quote from: Netaungrot on August 27, 2006, 05:00:36 AM
http://mankindisdoomed.com/
this way of reasoning kind of reminds me of What the Tortoise said to Achilles by Lewis Caroll.

(if you're too lazy to read it all, check out the summary at wikipedia)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 18, 2012, 01:51:39 AM
My god, what is this shit?  :horrormirth:

Well, imagine that the evolution of ranting on this board is the evolution of man on this planet.

This rant was Piltdown Man.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pæs

It may be a little rough around the edges but ask yourselves. Is he wrong?

No, seriously. Is he? I can't tell what his argument is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on December 18, 2012, 02:32:13 AM
It may be a little rough around the edges but ask yourselves. Is he wrong?

No, seriously. Is he? I can't tell what his argument is.

Me neither.  Of course, I'm not an Australian trustafarian weeping because he's down to his last quarter million, either.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 18, 2012, 02:30:12 AM

Well, imagine that the evolution of ranting on this board is the evolution of man on this planet.

Ohhhhhhhh

So it was more or less pre-language.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

:lulz:
Quote from: hølist on December 19, 2012, 07:51:45 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 18, 2012, 02:30:12 AM

Ohhhhhhhh

So it was more or less pre-language.
:lulz: