News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

The Religious Right Now Opposes...

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 01, 2010, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Ah, good old "anything for a laugh" Leviticus.

Kai

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 06, 2010, 10:07:25 PM
Ah, good old "anything for a laugh" Leviticus.

It made perfect sense for a bunch of dirty wanderers. Kinda like how an alcoholic has to go completely straight to get their life together.

Doesn't make much sense for the world of today though.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

Does this mean the Bible isn't -gasp- TIMELESS?

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 06, 2010, 10:35:34 PM

Modern religions base their beliefs on situations that have ceased to exist. The only way to build a timeless system of ethics is to base your beliefs on a situation that never happened to begin with. Like that time when vampires took over the Earth in '85.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Jasper

Quote from: Lord Quantum on February 06, 2010, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on February 06, 2010, 10:35:34 PM

Modern religions base their beliefs on situations that have ceased to exist. The only way to build a timeless system of ethics is to base your beliefs on a situation that never happened to begin with. Like that time when vampires took over the Earth in '85.

lulz

I base my ethical code on the cyborg political coup of 2054.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 05, 2010, 01:29:15 AM
That's because they are monkeys that can't handle messy facts, but think only in terms of keywords and symbols.

This drives me up the fucking wall sometimes.  I was going to add something else but I stepped away and forgot.

Jasper

Quote from: Burns on February 06, 2010, 11:44:14 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on February 05, 2010, 01:29:15 AM
That's because they are monkeys that can't handle messy facts, but think only in terms of keywords and symbols.

This drives me up the fucking wall sometimes.  I was going to add something else but I stepped away and forgot.

I feel for ya.  It's like that story Kai had of the researcher who offered his thoughts on homosexuality.  People just flip out when they hear certain words uttered outside the narrative they expect.