News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

4th largest Fox shareholder a Saudi prince that still funds terrorism.

Started by Da6s, February 22, 2010, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.dcbureau.org/20100203319/Trento-s-Take/trentos-take-fox-news-cant-upset-murdochs-saudi-prince.html

Quote...It was not until a few days later that I learned what may have been behind the absence of a video clip on the Web site. I had said to Doocy that Saudi Arabian money was still financing Al Qaeda. Doocy did not react to my comment. But ten days later I learned that Fox's parent company, News Corporation, was, at the time of my interview, negotiating with a Saudi prince to vastly increase his stake in the company.

By the time I appeared on Fox News, Prince Alwaleed was about to become News Corp's fourth largest voting shareholder (behind the Murdoch family, Liberty Media, and Fidelity Management & Research Co, a mutual fund). The prince has repeatedly defended his homeland as a problem-free place. What he has failed to mention is that he has personally donated huge amounts of money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers.

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cain

Cramulus

hey just because fox news is sponsored by a saudi prince, that doesn't mean the poor corporation should have its right to express itself removed. I mean come on. Isn't that saudi prince's right to tinker with American elections protected under the constitution?

:rush:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 03:38:19 PM
As the good Doktor has said...

Funniest Decade EVAR!  :lulz: :horrormirth:

Wasn't sure they could top the last decade, but they really came through.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cramulus

this is kind of vindicating, to be honest

because when Obama said, "With the recent supreme court ruling, foreign powers now have a channel to financially influence American elections", I thought we'd have to wait a few years for somebody to make a case about it. I should have realized that the corruption would happen faster than immediately, it would have already been occurring.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2010, 04:04:41 PM

because when Obama said, "With the recent supreme court ruling, foreign powers now have a channel to financially influence American elections", I thought we'd have to wait a few years for somebody to make a case about it. I should have realized that the corruption would happen faster than immediately, it would have already been occurring.

Corruption moves faster than news, Cram.  This is actual science.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2010, 04:04:41 PM

Can't wait to see who's been funding the other side as well... Cause you know it ain't just Fox.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain