News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

I really don't know

Started by h-town, April 22, 2010, 01:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyxen

yeah same here most of my family is Christian and i still love them
but i just don't understand why out of all the gods and goddesses out there they choose this Jesus guy...
when i see Christianity i see this guy that had things that the others didn't so he became all powerful
and gave his followers specific rules to follow or else.
and i just don't see the point of a religion like that
but hey if it makes them happy why stop them?
fyxen amatsu

Pope Pixie Pickle

Fyxen, your threadjack is weak, old man.

:Jedi wave: this is not the board you are looking for!

LMNO

Quote from: Fyxen on June 01, 2010, 11:18:43 PM
but i just don't understand why out of all the gods and goddesses out there they choose this Jesus guy...
when i see Christianity i see this guy that had things that the others didn't so he became all powerful

You really want to know?  Because the Christ message is a perfect con.

"Your life sucks, I know... but it's a test.  If you become obedient and endure your suffering, you will be rewarded in heaven.  The more your life sucks, the better off you'll be later.  Trust me."

Those on the bottom are able to cope with their misery without complaint, and those on the top can easily run the show.

BadBeast

Quote from: LMNO on June 02, 2010, 02:10:24 PM
Quote from: Fyxen on June 01, 2010, 11:18:43 PM

You really want to know?  Because the Christ message is a perfect con.

"Your life sucks, I know... but it's a test.  If you become obedient and endure your suffering, you will be rewarded in heaven.  The more your life sucks, the better off you'll be later.  Trust me."

Those on the bottom are able to cope with their misery without complaint, and those on the top can easily run the show.

Like some huge, sick conspiracy?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

It's worse than a conspiracy... because everyone buys into it.

Fyxen

oh my god your right  :aaa:
fuck wow
fyxen amatsu

BadBeast

Yeah, so how are we going to hide from the scary Angels, when they Rapture everyone, so we don't have to go where they go?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Fyxen

we fuckin shoot all the evil angels its easy.
we just need really good guns  :lulz:
fyxen amatsu

BadBeast

I meant the supposedly "good" Angels, you numpty!

Fyxen

yeah i know we shoot them too.
then just nothing happens and they are proved wrong.
fyxen amatsu

BadBeast

Way to prove a point. And there are a whole host of them due to arrive to finalise the eschaton, once and for all. Your puny weapons will be useless. Michael's Elite Seraphim Commandos are the Stormtroopers of Jehovah. And it is written that none shall prevail against the Host of Heaven. So it's hide, or burn forever in the Lake of fire with Lucifer and his rebellious Angels. Or join the happy clappers for an Eternity in mind numbing pious boredom.

Fyxen

well fuck shit  :argh!:
guess I'm staying with Lucifer :lulz:

oh wait i don't have to as fun as that sounds  :D
I'm immune cause I'm not a Christian.

or at least i view it that way.
fyxen amatsu

Freeky

Quote from: BadBeast on June 04, 2010, 09:05:42 PM
Yeah, so how are we going to hide from the scary Angels, when they Rapture everyone, so we don't have to go where they go?

Oh, didn't you hear? The rapture happened a few years ago; some dude and his family on a farm in Illinois were taken up to heaven. Apparently no one else qualified.

:lulz:

BadBeast

So all that bollocks about fiery Lakes and burning for all eternity was a bit wide of the mark then?
Prophetic License even?

Salty

Oh, I dunno. If I had a choice between Lake of Eternal Fire or living in a world where people WANT to and DO sing Taylor Swift at karaoke I'd get myself a nice pair of asbestos trunks.

I've often thought this IS hell because things can always get worse.   
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.