News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

I have a Nightmare.....

Started by AFK, October 17, 2006, 03:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Rat has a point, yes.

However, he also is reading this out of context. 

This was written during a time when we were talking about getting more people involved in our creative process.  This was back when pd.com didn't have a BIP subforum and we were meeting and discussing these ideas at a little hole in the web somewhere else.  We were fertilizing some of these ideas but we wanted to do something to get them beyond the digital walls we were meeting within at the time.

The point wasn't to unite Discordians to make a mass influence on society.  The point was to reach out to other Discordians and get some fresh ideas and viewpoints.  To get more Chef's stirring the pot. 

I don't think a little less sticking apart is a bad thing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

AFK

Shall we flip a coin?  I call Tails!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 18, 2007, 08:13:36 PM
Rat has a point, yes.

However, he also is reading this out of context. 

This was written during a time when we were talking about getting more people involved in our creative process.  This was back when pd.com didn't have a BIP subforum and we were meeting and discussing these ideas at a little hole in the web somewhere else.  We were fertilizing some of these ideas but we wanted to do something to get them beyond the digital walls we were meeting within at the time.

The point wasn't to unite Discordians to make a mass influence on society.  The point was to reach out to other Discordians and get some fresh ideas and viewpoints.  To get more Chef's stirring the pot. 

I don't think a little less sticking apart is a bad thing. 

Ah, then that's different ;-)

I think a Discordian Resource System would be a fine goal for a site like PD.com. More Discordians may mean more ideas, more chaos, more confusion... all things I like and approve of.

Sorry if I misinterpreted the OP.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Payne

RWHN wins this round on a judges decision.

AFK

Payne

BUMP, for it is awesome, and elections are coming around again too.

Cainad (dec.)

Cool. Are we done hating on the idea of Discordians uniting for a few common goals every once in a while, on the assumption that Discordianism has a built-in catalyst for the destruction of tyrannical/extremist systems within it?

LMNO

Nope.

There will always be those who have a visceral reaction to the concept of organization.

And others are just too lazy.

AFK

I think the Etc., Discordia project is a step in the right direction.  And I've seen where the GASM stuff has reached people outside of our sphere as well.  But yeah, there will always be some resistance to organization and unity.  And unfortunately, I seem to be in the category of lazy lately.