News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

For the moment, I don't hate Bill O'Reily as much as usual.

Started by Da6s, March 31, 2010, 07:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/oreilly-marine-funeral-protesters/2010/03/30/id/354287

QuoteNo. 1 cable news host Bill O'Reilly said Tuesday that he will personally write a check to cover $16,500 in legal costs for the father of a fallen U.S. Marine who sued the members of a church who picketed his son's funeral.

According to news reports, the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, located in Topeka, Kan., believe that God is punishing the United States because of its acceptance of gay people. The church garners attention for its views by protesting high-profile funerals.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cramulus

Jon Stewart occasionally references how weird it is that O'Reilley is now the most sane and intelligent guy on that network.

Jasper

Instead of being cynical about O'Reilly's move, as his reputation certainly warrants, I'll just smile and say "that's nice of him".

Freeky

:o That's really nice. It'd be even nicer if it turned out he was simply indignant at these retards.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that's what it is.

Remington

Never thought I'd be giving O'Reilly mittens, but there they are:
:mittens:
Is it plugged in?

Doktor Howl

This, of course, means the end of his career, probably within a year.  He has ceased racing right, or is at least not racing right as fast as Hannity and Beck.
Molon Lube

Cain

This isn't actually all that surprising.  Given a choice between publically backing service personnel or a fringe Christian group of nutters with no popular support, Bill will always back the military to the end, rightly or wrongly (remember when he wanted Al-Qaeda to attack Sa Francisco for banning Army recruiters in schools?  Yeah).  All it means is, for Bill's so called Christianity, his love of the military is much greater.  But then, the man who bought us falafel exfoliating fantasies was probably never that into the Bible in the first place.

BabylonHoruv

Hannity has also called out Westboro Baptist repeatedly, mind you not to the point of commiting his own money as O Reilly did, but he has used his show as a platform against them.  These guys are relatively mainstream corporatist conservatives, people like Westboro Baptist scare them just as much as hardcore Liberals do.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl