News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on June 12, 2010, 10:56:24 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  I should have stayed in front of the oven and MADE SURE that when I turned it down to 200 it actually went to 200.  Just checked and the thermometer was at 350, and the top of the cake was very very brown.  I HATE MY STOVE.  FUCK ELECTRIC.

I just made the same mistake with a pizza the other night.

Luckily pizza is fairly eatable even when it's browned. Did a number on the roof of our mouths though.

Our oven sucks too. Is from the 50's I think.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jasper

That's odd.  Our oven's from around then too and it rules for pizza.

Try baking the pizza in cast iron.  It regulates heat pretty evenly, and your dough will never once stick to the pan.

Just be sure to pre heat the pan before you put the pizza in.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Our knobs are falling off, I think it might have something to do with that.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a cheap but gigantic cast iron pan.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jasper

I got a 12" skillet at Freddy's for $20 a while back.

It makes fairly small pizzas, but I like it.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Believe it or not, the best place to get a cheap cast iron skillet is... Wal Mart.
I know, I know. I'd rather put both my hands into a meat grinder than go into that store as well, but I got a 16" lodge skillet for some 20 bucks or so.

Also the fondue went well.
Nobody lost an eye, got stabbed in the hand or destroyed their flesh with molten cheese and/or chocolate.

It was filling. I'm not gonna say it was delicious cause well, it's fucking fondue, from a restaurant, so meh.

Adios

Brats baked in beer with chow chow added before eating. Home made french fries.

Juana

Delicious, delicious chili my carnivorous step dad kindly made vegetarian for me. He can't cook much else, but damn, he makes wonderful chili.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Hawk on June 13, 2010, 10:44:12 PM
Brats baked in beer with chow chow added before eating. Home made french fries.

I fucking love chow chow

BADGE OF HONOR

Wtf is chow chow is this some weird southern thing?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Sir Squid Diddimus

Freeky

Juana

Chow-chow is a little bit like Indian pickles, then. Except Indian pickles include some spiny plant.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on June 13, 2010, 07:11:19 PM
Believe it or not, the best place to get a cheap cast iron skillet is... Wal Mart.
I know, I know. I'd rather put both my hands into a meat grinder than go into that store as well, but I got a 16" lodge skillet for some 20 bucks or so.

Also the fondue went well.
Nobody lost an eye, got stabbed in the hand or destroyed their flesh with molten cheese and/or chocolate.

It was filling. I'm not gonna say it was delicious cause well, it's fucking fondue, from a restaurant, so meh.

Amazon.com has Lodge stuff for cheap, too! For people who hate shopping but want stuff.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

That beats the hell out of going to walmart.

anything to avoid that shithole.

Cainad (dec.)

Tonight's menu is what I can bum off of my aunt and uncle upstairs, since I can't drive myself out to buy dinner anymore. :x