News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Company sold.  Closing the end of June.  Whether or not I will have a job after that completely unclear, but, as the new owners are based out of Arizona and Texas, i'm thinking it's unlikely.

I can not deal with this shit this week.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Quote from: Luna on April 14, 2014, 04:58:25 PM
Company sold.  Closing the end of June.  Whether or not I will have a job after that completely unclear, but, as the new owners are based out of Arizona and Texas, i'm thinking it's unlikely.

Start your UI paperwork now, if you're lucky, Rhode Island will have it ready for you in 5 years.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

You hated that place, anyway.  You also seem to have an aptitude for both numbers, and dealing with assholes.  Ever considered a move to HR?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 14, 2014, 04:58:25 PM

MAYBE YOU CAN TRANSFER IT'S GLORIOUS HERE WE NEVER CRY
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 14, 2014, 05:59:08 PM
You hated that place, anyway.  You also seem to have an aptitude for both numbers, and dealing with assholes.  Ever considered a move to HR?

I'm in payroll.  So, yeah, HR would be fine.

I figure I'll hand on and see what's what.  I'll give my temp agency a call when i hear when my final day will be and get them looking, they have done okay for me.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, HAY...

http://news.yahoo.com/snowden-traitor-looms-over-pulitzers-041946322.html

Quote"These are fabulous pieces of journalism on the one hand, but on the other hand the documents were leaked, they were classified, they were distressing to the US government," Janensch said.

and

QuoteIn January, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper suggested that journalists reporting on the leaks had acted as Snowden's "accomplices."

LMNO

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on April 13, 2014, 08:03:41 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2014, 04:31:58 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on April 13, 2014, 01:50:04 AM
So my car died.  There is an oil leak from somewhere above the starter, and stick a fork in it, because that starter is DONE.  I am wondering if I shouldn't sell it, and then use the money to get notebook or something and some internet subsidy whatsit program, and just ride the bus.  I'll get a car when I get enough for a downpayment on one from a job, it might be better.

Starters are cheap, for what it's worth.

Hella cheap, I've replaced 3.

I did notice that for a car part they are cheap, huh?  A car does have benefits.

Like being able to meet the school bus on time, instead of missing it unless I drop all tasks an hour and a half before it is due.

Freeky

Wednesday I must take take the Monkey to La Frontera to be evaluated for behavioral or emotional thingy. He kicked a girl last week and they nearly called the cops. Is state law.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 14, 2014, 06:09:56 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering...

You know, I don't even need "conclusively" because nothing in medicine is ever really conclusive. Just "any real evidence of efficacy" would make me not treat it  like a bad joke.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I'm home. Have I mentioned that I hate my new schedule? I should really go to bed in 15 minutes, so that I can get up at 7 and be gone all day tomorrow too.
:crankey:

Summer term, I am only taking two classes. I just can't hang with this shit. I need a break.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."