News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

"I think of the postmodern attitude as that of a man who loves a very cultivated woman and knows he cannot say to her, "I love you madly," because he knows that she knows (and that she knows that he knows) that these words have already been written by Barbara Cartland. Still, there is a solution. He can say, "As Barbara Cartland would put it, I love you madly." - Umberto Eco

Jenne

As a former reader (albeit a 15 year old one) of Barbara Cartland, I have to say:  :lulz:

Suu

Dad: Your mom's computer got a nasty virus from Facebook because she plays all those damn games, you know.

Me: Well yeah, that's why I make sure I run a secure connection and DON'T play those games.

Dad: Someone hacked into her account, changed it all to Spanish, and then from there, was able to get into Alan's account and take $200 from his Paypal.

Me: Wow, so my mom's ass did in fact get haxxored last night.

Dad: ???

Me: Internets. I come from them.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Dr. Mr. Jenne:  Vun, Two, Tree, Foh *counting oranges at the dinner table from the fruit tray in front of him*  I'm practicing my Norwegian accent.  Because you  know we're all going to invade Norway.

*Son #1 looks up*

Dr. Mr. Jenne: Alex, my son, you can be the head of the Muslim Invasion of Norway.

Son #1: *raised eyebrow*

Jenne: :spittake:

Cain

Jenne

Yeah, he surprised me with that one.  Because at first I thought he was talking about the US.  :lulz:

Freeky

Payne

Suu

Byron: Kill some people for me!

Me: when I do it, I will yell, "ASS TO MOUTH JEWISH IN MY PANTS"

Byron: OH MY GOD YES.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

From our buddy Wes Unruh ---------------

Nostradamus predicts facebook: http://www.sloppyunruh.com/alembic/notes/weird/synchronicity/strange-world/week-in-review/nostradamus-predicted-the-rise-of-facebook/

QuoteFor each soul their own place forever
Faces will be the book of now
The weak rejoice as demons feed
Henceforth, he will leave his Mark

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 03, 2011, 09:17:18 PM
From our buddy Wes Unruh ---------------

Nostradamus predicts facebook: http://www.sloppyunruh.com/alembic/notes/weird/synchronicity/strange-world/week-in-review/nostradamus-predicted-the-rise-of-facebook/

QuoteFor each soul their own place forever
Faces will be the book of now
The weak rejoice as demons feed
Henceforth, he will leave his Mark

Roger and Three Other Damned Souls like this.
Molon Lube

Cain

The first two lines are obvious, but the second two need a little more explanation.

I believe the "demons" spoken of are, in fact, marketing and sales types, who, of course, use Facebook to gather valuable data about consumer habits. 

And Mark clearly refers to Zuckerberg's first name.

LMNO

Or, the "demons" line could refer to Farmville.

Telarus

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 04, 2011, 02:57:41 PM
Or, the "demons" line could refer to Farmville.

Zygna is one of the worst.......
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!