News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Waffles, you can bear this out. 

IJ, so can you.

Feel better, Twid.

So, LPRGuy is now Hugs Kisses Cuddles Relationship Guy.  He said his lady was getting very jealous, and he'd probably pushed too hard for what was maintained between us. This'll be just fine, since it's the things that are still okay which are the things I really need to function and keep on an even mental keel.

Dude gives the best hugs in the world.  The. Best.

Juana

I think I might have come off as a little douchey, IJ. Nigel said what I meant.

I used to be able to sleep anywhere, anytime, in any condition. As long as there was a chair big enough to curl up in, I was good. I have slept in busy airports (the one in Las Vegas for example; take the constant noise of a regular, busy airport and add the perpetual jangle of slot machines to it), hotel lobbies, full school cafeterias, etc. And now, I cannot sleep through a bright moon shining through the sides of the blinds on my south facing window. :argh!: and haet.

Also, the problems with the keyboard for my kindle seem to have been resolved by the software update. Which is kind of peculiar, since the problem was isolated to my home wifi net work. But whatever. It is no long driving me up the wall, so I'm not going to complain.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Internet Jesus

No worries, Garbo.  Even if you did come off as douchey (which I don't think you did) it was nowhere near as bad as some of the things she's texted me over the last few days while detoxing.

She got the wild hair yesterday that she was going to just stick around for detox, but not for the program afterwards.  I think I put the kibosh on that last night by invoking the ultimate in manipulative emotional bombs ("Kyle deserves the best chance at getting his mother back healthy.  Even if you don't "need" the program, staying the full term improves your chances of getting and staying healthy"), but time will tell.   Thankfully I had a PhD program in emotional manipulation growing up, so at least my Mom gave me some life skills.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Nephew Twiddleton

Thats not really emotional manipulation so much as pointing out that shes not just doing this for herself.

Also you seem to be beating yourself up a bit.

Sorry to hear youre bummd out waffles. Hope you feel better soon.

Still feel sick but i was able to pull off my end of the gig. I stayed for the whole night and was reminded what nice guys/friends lmno and his guitarist are.

I was dressed as a priest and daniel ouellettes husband had these two people convinced i actually was one. Might get a proper priest outfit and go to bars as a result. Also i flagellated myself on stage which lmno suggests i keep doing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Internet Jesus

OF COURSE I am beating up on myself, Twid.  Someone need their ass kicked, and I can't really take it out on anyone else right now.  I like to think of it as sparing with myself, so that when she is better and not dealing with life on the emotional level of a spoilt child (again, I can't blame her, withdrawals from opiates kind of make you not yourself, and addiction does tend to make people into selfish brats in the first place), I will be able to simply, effectively and without anger point out how we're financially fucked for the foreseeable future because of this, and that change here consists of more than just quitting the Oxys, but also fundamentally transforming how she deals with her money.

I gave her entire paycheck to her dealer last night, I'm a little miffed about that.  I'm a little miffed that she wanted me to pick her up an iTunes card last night, when were having my mother make up the shortfall in our mortgage this month.  That's gotta go somewhere and I can't really direct it all at her (beyond the most bland and emotionless expressions) at the moment.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 27, 2012, 07:38:57 PM
OF COURSE I am beating up on myself, Twid.  Someone need their ass kicked, and I can't really take it out on anyone else right now.  I like to think of it as sparing with myself, so that when she is better and not dealing with life on the emotional level of a spoilt child (again, I can't blame her, withdrawals from opiates kind of make you not yourself, and addiction does tend to make people into selfish brats in the first place), I will be able to simply, effectively and without anger point out how we're financially fucked for the foreseeable future because of this, and that change here consists of more than just quitting the Oxys, but also fundamentally transforming how she deals with her money.

I gave her entire paycheck to her dealer last night, I'm a little miffed about that.  I'm a little miffed that she wanted me to pick her up an iTunes card last night, when were having my mother make up the shortfall in our mortgage this month.  That's gotta go somewhere and I can't really direct it all at her (beyond the most bland and emotionless expressions) at the moment.

If that's what you want/need to do, then have at it. Just thought you were being unfair to yourself.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe you could find some hippies, Pagans, or atheists to take it out on? That's what I do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 27, 2012, 07:54:10 PM
Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 27, 2012, 07:38:57 PM

If that's what you want/need to do, then have at it. Just thought you were being unfair to yourself.

I appreciate it being pointed out, Twid.  Even if I ultimately don't take the advice, it sometimes helps to here that you're being to hard on yourself and might benefit from lightening the fuck up.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth on October 27, 2012, 08:20:36 PM
Maybe you could find some hippies, Pagans, or atheists to take it out on? That's what I do.

I would but something about that doesn't feel quite right.  Fucks like that deserved to be fucked with because of who they are, not because I married a woman with an OxyContin addiction.

It's like with CG and Frank.  I shit on him because he deserves to be shit on, not because I disagree with his politics.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 27, 2012, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth on October 27, 2012, 08:20:36 PM

I would but something about that doesn't feel quite right.  Fucks like that deserved to be fucked with because of who they are, not because I married a woman with an OxyContin addiction.

It's like with CG and Frank.  I shit on him because he deserves to be shit on, not because I disagree with his politics.

I fuck with people who deserve it, but I freely encourage my internal frustrations to inform and motivate the shape of my hate-shitting. It's like therapy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like to find people who are embodiments of everything that's wrong with the world and explain to them why they're making fools of themselves until they pop.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Nigel's new avatar is creeping me the fuck out. 20 mittens.

Verbal Mike

IJ, my young and inexperienced take on this, fwiw, is that you should be taking good care of yourself, not shitting on yourself, because you are needed and will be needed, and ripping yourself up over stuff is not going to make you any better-prepared for being who and what you have to be to people right now. But also that it's understandable that you're feeling like you are in that situation. Hang on in there.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division