News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Welcome to the Monkey House, #5: Country Music and You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 25, 2009, 09:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Idem on February 14, 2009, 04:33:14 PM
There any modern country you'd suggest, btw?  Also, any more obscure old country?

Also, I dunno if this would technically be considered "country" but I'm really enjoying these guys right now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPE-ZyNb6Wg

Is folk.

And the singer sounds like he has a dozen dicks in his mouf.

Just saying.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Idem

:lol:

I was thinking more rock with country influence.  Regardless, there anything you'd suggest?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Idem on February 14, 2009, 04:55:46 PM
:lol:

I was thinking more rock with country influence.  Regardless, there anything you'd suggest?

Same song, less dick gargling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnS9M03F-fA

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Idem

Cash did a cover of their song too.  I liked all three, I just LOVED the lyrics.  Very distinct, ballad.

Also, same band but w/o the same voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHy_XeBMagU

wade

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

The Good Reverend Roger

fomenter

i just went looking for the country music spamming we did, i was going to make a list of all the great links we found to post here but its gone? was it moved into the museum already?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on February 26, 2009, 02:49:52 AM
i just went looking for the country music spamming we did, i was going to make a list of all the great links we found to post here but its gone? was it moved into the museum already?

We need to make a library thread for country.

fomenter

i have never heard that much good country in one night, no doubt in my mind it is worthy of compiling
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Faithless

All of my favorite country singers are either dead, or in prison, or getting there fast. Country music used to be about all of the bad things in life. That is why the song says "every cowboy sings a sad, sad song. Of course they did, when yyou are out on a cattle drive, God knows how far from home, cold and wet, you can't help but bitch and whine about it.
Oh, sonovabitch.

Seth_The_Fallen

Quote from: Faithless on March 04, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
All of my favorite country singers are either dead, or in prison, or getting there fast. Country music used to be about all of the bad things in life. That is why the song says "every cowboy sings a sad, sad song. Of course they did, when yyou are out on a cattle drive, God knows how far from home, cold and wet, you can't help but bitch and whine about it.

So they write them down and howl them out at people that think it is music.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on March 04, 2009, 11:52:39 PM
Quote from: Faithless on March 04, 2009, 10:06:28 PM

So they write them down and howl them out at people that think it is music.

Why do you hate AmericaTM?

Seth_The_Fallen

I don't just country music. I am not a fan really. just something about being depressing all the time really doesn't suit me well.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"